Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mods for base model Access Cab?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #1
HogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the rough

HogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Mods for base model Access Cab?

Howdy folks. I'm real happy with my 2011 Access Cab ("Convenience Package"). I've added the bed mat and an Ultra Gauge, both of which are real practical. Obviously, the AT20 tires have to go, but I'll let them wear out first. I'm not interested in turning it into a Prerunner, BTW. Just curious what fun stuff people do to "normal" rigs.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
You're gonna want TSB leaf spring pack with 4 leafs free from dealer, 5 lug lift kit, wheels, AT tires, aFe drop in filter, ebay fog kit with oem switch, wiper stalk with adjustable intermittent, cruise control, grom audio aux 3.5mm/ipod/usb connections for oem head unit, wet okole seat covers, weathertech digifit floormats, TRD tow hook, recovery hitch with shackle, recovery strap, popnlock tailgate lock & hose clamp mod, light bar, couple of offroad lights, probably some kind of grill mod.................just for starters, lol. lemme know when you get all that done then we'll go to stage 2.

Welcome aboard and welcome to your new addiction.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
HogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the roughHogTaco is a jewel in the rough

HogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
You're gonna want TSB leaf spring pack with 4 leafs free from dealer....
Pretty sure the TSB doesn't apply to non-TRD/4x4/DC Tacos? Thanks for the list!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogTaco View Post
Pretty sure the TSB doesn't apply to non-TRD/4x4/DC Tacos? Thanks for the list!
Righto! AAL for you then...
Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #6
dexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
dexdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're gonna want TSB leaf spring pack with 4 leafs free from dealer, 5 lug lift kit, wheels, AT tires, aFe drop in filter, ebay fog kit with oem switch, wiper stalk with adjustable intermittent, cruise control, grom audio aux 3.5mm/ipod/usb connections for oem head unit, wet okole seat covers, weathertech digifit floormats, TRD tow hook, recovery hitch with shackle, recovery strap, popnlock tailgate lock & hose clamp mod, light bar, couple of offroad lights, probably some kind of grill mod.................just for starters, lol. lemme know when you get all that done then we'll go to stage 2.

This pretty much covers it!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #7
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
The wiper stalk with adjustable intermittent speed is a great first mod. I use it all the time. The cost was around $120 and an easy DIY project.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #8
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
The wiper stalk with adjustable intermittent speed is a great first mod. I use it all the time. The cost was around $120 and an easy DIY project.
agreed, it wasn't my first mod but it has been the most practical and rewarding.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #9

HogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
^^^This. I can't believe they would cheap out on something so important. I don't even care if it's adjustable, as long as it has an intermittent function. I consider this a safety feature.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cruise control is also very easy install and cheaper for AT since you won't need the clutch pedal sensor part. About 100 in parts........Stalk, steering wheel side cover with hole for stalk, clockspring wire & that's it.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #11
ryanr623 is on a distinguished road
ryanr623's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
^ you are correct sir.

3 letters you need to know

DJM. best mod ever.
What is DJM?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #12
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogTaco View Post
^^^This. I can't believe they would cheap out on something so important. I don't even care if it's adjustable, as long as it has an intermittent function. I consider this a safety feature.
I consider it a safety issue as well. Sucks that it was not installed but the base price was nice.

Quote:
Cruise control is also very easy install and cheaper for AT since you won't need the clutch pedal sensor part. About 100 in parts........Stalk, steering wheel side cover with hole for stalk, clockspring wire & that's it.
I did quite a bit of research on this option and it seems to be cut and dried for the 2005 to the 2008 Tacoma's. There is a question in my mind if the wiring is present, in the steering column, with the 2009 and above Tacoma to support the bolt on install of cruise. Has anyone installed cruise on a 2009 and above. Honestly I have not looked at this upgrade for the last 6 to 8 months.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #13
tootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Todd
tootall's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Jesus im behind

Got the lift, got the mats, got the pop n lock go the wiper stalk,

tires are on the way and im debating cruise control , will get tinting done finally when it warms up a bit