Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any Double Cab Owners change from a short bed to a long bed?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Any Double Cab Owners change from a short bed to a long bed?

Owned a Prerunner DC short bed and now thinking about getting another Taco Prerunner DC with the long bed. What can I expect in terms of handling, ride quality, etc? Any pros, cons, aside from the obvious of more cargo room in the bed? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
NLF is on a distinguished road
Name: Levi
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
Just traded by 09 DC SB for the 11 DC LB (Both are TRD Sport). Drove 1600 miles last week on a trip, and I personally like the LB ride as it doesn't feel like the wheels are under the back seat. I liked the SB, just like the LB better, and the extra room in the bed is a plus.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
The extra foot of added wheelbase length will certainly reduce the fore and aft rocking, or porpoising effect which along with the added storage space was one of the primary issues for me when I traded in mine to upgrade to a 2011. In retrospect after about 4000 miles or so. I doubt I'd ever switch back.

I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy it when you do.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wish the long bed came with the 6 spd
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
I wish the long bed came with the 6 spd
I was dissapointed by that when I was looking to buy.

Now I never think about it , I like the auto .
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I got it right the first time.
That will be ideal in life, do your home work and get it right the first time.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. Whats more important, the world and life evolves around us, and we get left behind.
I think this was a great quote.
take care
vbibi
Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
I also had the Prerunner short bed, sold it and after several other vehicles I have the long bed. It is great and I don't regret the move. I have used the entire bed and right now have it full.