Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Newby wanting opinions on factory options for 2011 4x4

Old 01-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #21
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Ask around at different dealers in the area.

I've heard of dealers who contract with local 4wd shops to install lifts, ARB compressors and lockers, aftermarket wheels and tires, skids, etc but bill for it on the dealer invoice.

If you get a double cab long bed, it sure would be nice to get an ARB locker installed in the rear if you plan on any serious 4wheeling. Upsize the compressor to the next largest model, and get the tire inflator kit & you have onboard air (the smaller ARB compressor only runs the locker). If you can, add a true 3-inch lift (not just spacers!!!) ... though this will affect gas mileage. If you do a lift, you can upsize tires too.

But if the dealer won't allow any of this, then I'd get the OEM roof rack (if you would have a need) & a nice shell (all dealers I've seen do shells), and new wheels and more aggressive tires (BFG A/T KOs are good for both on and off road ... lots of guys love the Goodyear Duratracs too).

Finally negotiate a 7yr/100k mile extended warranty. They'll try to charge you $3000 for this. Tell them there is a dealer in Massachusetts (Troy Dietrich - Toyota of Greenfield - dealer #20134 - 413-772-0231) who will sell the 7yr/100k $0 deductible for $950.00. When I told my dealer this, he offered to match the price because he still gets a kickback from Toyota even for selling it at cost (which is what Troy does).

Good luck .. and lucky you.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #22
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
With money to burn at the dealer, I would go for the supercharger in a heart beat. I live at 9,000ft so I could use a little more power.
I live at 9000 feet too. You don't need a supercharger. Just more to break. You must have a lead foot, Dark Knight.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #23
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger!!! The clear choice.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #24
deerdevil is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremiah
deerdevil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Hmm how do you get deal like that Please dont tell me parents are buying you a new car ...
It's a company bonus program.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #25
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going four wheeling (and not a snowy highway in the suburbs), get the OFF ROAD TRD... No long bed, but the 5 ft. bed is very roomy over the '04 being deeper and wider... I can carry the same gear as I did in the 6 ft. bed before.

Get the bed extender if you need that... but only the Off Road 4WD has A-TRAC, a rear locker, and the hydraulic brake booster that enhances all the traction controls. A-TRAC gives you the climb-abilty and traction of aftermarket front and rear lockers.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #26
Luckie7 is on a distinguished road
Name: Renée
Luckie7's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to get the 8year 100,000 mile extended warranty, and they also offer a sweet maintenance package~
Old 03-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #27
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Well almost everything has been recommended has been.

I'd get a few things for sure...
- Supercharger
- Cat-Back Exhaust
- Toyota Toolbox (If you plan on getting one eventually anyways)
- CAI or Drop-In Filter
- Extended Warranty (Can't Hurt)
- ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF

Like said before, Definitely look into getting a Lift and other off-road goodies (non-Toyota Parts) from the dealer as well
Old 03-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with most of the stuff here.

TRD Access cab 4x4 Off-road package. Get the Towing package because it gives you a much bigger alternator, and an oil/transmission cooler. (Not to mention a class 4 hitch). Then get the biggest extended warranty you can afford.

At this point you've got a pretty capable truck, but a 3 inch lift with 33" tires under it, and you're really on your way. Not sure if the dealer will do that though. At this point you're basically AT 37000 ish, but anything else you can get and would want, go for it!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #29
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
If it were me I would try to get a TRD Sport 4x4 w/JBL and add the locker. Then add whatever extras from there. Maybe leather seats?