Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Newby wanting opinions on factory options for 2011 4x4

Old 01-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
deerdevil is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremiah
deerdevil's Tacoma Gallery
Newby wanting opinions on factory options for 2011 4x4

I am ordering a 2011 4x4 double cab long bed. I have $37000 to spend at the dealership. If I don't spend it at the dealer, I don't get it. So...I need some opinions on what options you all would go with. I've never owned a Tacoma and this is my first new vehicle. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Thanks. Yeah, that's the deal. Spend it there or lose it.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Stickers and new floormats arent Mods
weiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JK
weiser5150's Tacoma Gallery
i dont believe you can get the OR package on a long bed.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otismokey View Post
TRD Off-road package, TRD CAI, TRD Catback exhaust. If you have to spend the money with the dealer
Can't get Off-Road in Dbl Cab Long bed. But the Sport package has a great looking hood scoop, and has the limited slip differential.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. So you have to spend it all at the dealer. In that case, get a TRD sport with all TRD accessories along with some aftermarket wheels and tires of your choice.

To give you an idea, I spent just under 30k for a nicely equipped '11 TRD Sport 4x4 dclb so go all out.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
I had my dealer include a set of Weathertech digital fit floor covers and the 7 pin trailer hitch power adapter with my truck but I believe that my deal was structured a bit differently than yours. Not knowing your sale price and what your remaining balance would be after the truck itself you may want to consider having your lift added to the deal and installed by the dealer if a lift is on the table, or if you have a considerably larger budget to work with a supercharger may worth adding to the list. I hope you enjoy your new Tacoma as much as I do.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Those performance mods don't add anything but noise.... Maybe some of those spendy wheels. Or a maintenance contract.

Does it have to be on "genuine toyota parts"? We would do whatever the customer wanted.
You want a ford fiesta with leather, we would handle it.

In other words. Truck cap, lockers, whatever.. getting a double cab? Maybe a backup make-up mirror and jewelry box.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
cause its not something most would want.. but it is expensive....

How about a turbo...
Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #10
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
The local dealer here in Pa offers some of there Trucks with added lifts and oversized offroad tires, winches and winch bumpers. I know Toyota of Dallas Texas sells the ARB bumpers and Old Man Emu (OME) lifts. They also offer Toytec stuff. They have a website just for aftermarket items. (www.trdparts4u.com) I bet you could spend all that money at Toyota of Dallas, Texas and they would be glad to put all the goodies on it right at the dealership. Check them out if you are anywhere near them.
Here is some info off the site:

OFFROAD for 2011 Toyota Tacoma

• <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">We sell ARB's Full line of Air Lockers and Compressors......AIR LOCKERS <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">Bull Bars, Bumpers, Sliders, Skid Plates, Component Armor, Rock Rails, etc.BUMPERS - ARMOR -Sliders-etc <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">Camp Tools <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">Big Foot Gear Bags, Quick Fist Tie Downs, Tuffy Security Boxes, Consoles, organizers.....Cargo Management <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">We offer Cramer Decker "The Source" CO2 Tanks and Accessories.......CO2 AIR TANKS <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">ARB Freezer / Fridge and accessories.....FRIDGES <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">Lamps/Lighting <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">Miscellaneous <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">To see and be seen Offroad....OFFROAD LIGHTS <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">Racks/Carriers <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">You never know when you may need these......Recovery Tools <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">Build your own Suspension with.....Suspension Components <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">We offer recommended components in one stop!....Suspension Kits <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">TENT ACCESSORIES <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px">TENTS
  • Wheels
Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #11
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
why has no one mentioned the supercharger?
Because it's a Tacoma pick up and...not a Mustang GT?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #12
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
why has no one mentioned the supercharger?
Try re-reading this one.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #14
Navy:
You should call your local dealer and see if they will add the lift, tires / wheels, winch bumper / winch (of your choice) and still cover it under warranty. Oh yeah! And see about that supercharger!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
Thanks all! I'm doing the back and forth thing with the dealer now. All of your suggestions are helping alot. Keep them coming.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
My question is do you have to use up all of the 37k and do you have to make payments on the amount spent? If everything is free and clear I would go with picking whatever package you want and pushing for the supercharger.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'd get the blower, exhaust and a shell.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #19
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdevil View Post
I am ordering a 2011 4x4 double cab long bed. I have $37000 to spend at the dealership. If I don't spend it at the dealer, I don't get it. So...I need some opinions on what options you all would go with. I've never owned a Tacoma and this is my first new vehicle. Thanks in advance!
Hmm how do you get deal like that Please dont tell me parents are buying you a new car ...
Old 01-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Hmm how do you get deal like that Please dont tell me parents are buying you a new car ...
no problem with parents doing it. thats what mine did for me.