Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Decent Price on Bridgestone AT Revo 2's?

Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Decent Price on Bridgestone AT Revo 2's?

I want to buy Bridgestone AT Revo 2's 265/75/16's. I'd prefer to buy them from Costco but they refuse to install tires on my truck that exceed the factory size (per door jam label which is 245/75/16). I like that Costco doesn't attempt to upsell. At the factory size, the Costco price is $869. including tax and road hazard warranty.

The best price I'm able to get from local retailers for 265/75/16 is $855. (Mr. Tire and Firestone Car Care Center have same price). This price includes mount/balance/road hazard/6% tax). So for a bigger tire the local retailers are charging less than Costco. Does this price look decent?

I looked on Tirerack and Discount Tire Direct. Even though their prices appear lower, after paying for install and road hazard it's a wash with the local retailers.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
i think i paid around $750 for four 265/70/16s, mounted/balanced w/o road hazard, and 0% for 6 mos. Not the same size, but ballpark for price.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
badazz96z28 is on a distinguished road
Name: DJ
badazz96z28's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting those this weekend at Firestone for $748.67 OTD W/Lifetime R&B. They matched Discount Tires OTD price- which matched Tire Rack price of $146 + $12 per tire shipping+ normal fees. I was planning on going through Discount first-but they dont have any in stock and said on Back-order for 60+ days. Firestone said they will match the printed quote & can get them this week- so I went with them. I didnt get a quote for Road Hazzard though. Im debating on getting the Lifetime Alignment through them- was quoted $179 but they have a coupon on website for 10% off that too.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz96z28 View Post
I am getting those this weekend at Firestone for $748.67 OTD W/Lifetime R&B. They matched Discount Tires OTD price- which matched Tire Rack price of $146 + $12 per tire shipping+ normal fees. I was planning on going through Discount first-but they dont have any in stock and said on Back-order for 60+ days. Firestone said they will match the printed quote & can get them this week- so I went with them. I didnt get a quote for Road Hazzard though. Im debating on getting the Lifetime Alignment through them- was quoted $179 but they have a coupon on website for 10% off that too.
so your going to be paying 187.16 each is that installed
if so thats not a bad deal i sell them in new jersey for 180.00
each installed but on back order
good luck your going to like that tire
Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Not to bad of a price but I will tell you i've got 70k on my Revos and still have a little less than 1/2 tread left. Queit, great traction, mud, snow, sand and no hydroplaning... Very impressed will buy another set when needed. Good luck brother.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got an online quote from Firestone for $763.12 minus tax (no road hazard)- they say the back order is several weeks. Is your size the 165/75/16?

My zip is 20794 and the least expensive is from Tirerack is $146 per tire + $80 shipping from Delaware. Thanks for the info, I will have to see if Firestone can match their price.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #8
The breakdown I got from Discount is Matching Tirerack price of $146 + $12 per tire for shipping (shipping amount was quoted by manager- not the actual quoted shipping price by Tirerack which was $93 for 4, Win here for me )

Description.................. Price........Qty.........Amount

*265/75/16 Revo 2.........158.00.......4...........632.00
*Environmental Fee...........1.00.......4..............4.00
*Tire Disposal Fee.............2.50.......4............10.00
*Lifetime Spin/Ballance......16.00......4............64.00

* Tax .................................................. .....38.67

*Total............................................ ..........748.76

Discount said 60+ days before they could get them- so I took the quote to Firestone- they matched it and said will be in their shop this Friday morning ready to install.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #9
I came. I saw. I conquered.
steved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
steved411's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking at the exact same tire (and size) --- great info here, I'll have to check out firestone when I'm ready to make my purchase.

Thanks!!!

Steve
Old 01-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #10

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The breakdown I got from Discount is Matching Tirerack price of $146 + $12 per tire for shipping (shipping amount was quoted by manager- not the actual quoted shipping price by Tirerack which was $93 for 4, Win here for me )

Discount said 60+ days before they could get them- so I took the quote to Firestone- they matched it and said will be in their shop this Friday morning ready to install.
Good work! thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
jimmygle is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
jimmygle's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jimmygle
This is kind of off topic, but how long do the factory tires typically last on a new Tacoma?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
steved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmygle View Post
This is kind of off topic, but how long do the factory tires typically last on a new Tacoma?
I've heard around 30K....

I have stock (BF) on mine and I'm at 27K and they are wearing pretty thin.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #13
N.GA Taco x3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
N.GA Taco x3's Tacoma Gallery
Sign up for email deals on the Firestone Auto Centers Web site. Got an email 2 days ago for tires $1 above cost. Do not need new tires now so i didn't check it out, but it might be worth looking into. I think their last quote to me on Revo 2's was $780 before tax or something like that, but i went with Goodyears.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #14
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

why do lifetime spin/balance on all 4, do just one. how cna they tell which one you choose. i mean even if you do front driver side, you can just move it to another location...hehe, well at least you can tell that to them
Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmygle View Post
My Revo's came in yesterday so had them switched last night. Stock BFG's had 35,263 on them. I have about 40 miles on the new tires- so too early to give a good review, but they are quiet & smooth even at hwy speeds. So far- so good.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
why do lifetime spin/balance on all 4, do just one. how cna they tell which one you choose. i mean even if you do front driver side, you can just move it to another location...hehe, well at least you can tell that to them

Do u want to make 4 different trips to the tire store everytime you need them balanced, just to cover the entire set? Not me- the little extra cost is well worth it. They will balance them each time they rotate them with that coverage- so B&R every 5000 miles- 50,000 mile tire= minimum of 10 B&R for them to do. Do they need balanced every 5000 miles- nope, but I have the option to have it done at no extra cost...
Old 01-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #18
trdtacoman31 is on a distinguished road
trdtacoman31's Tacoma Gallery
I have revo 1's (265/75/16) I believe- I hope anyway because after 13k miles they are cupped , started vibrating after the first rotation, and are loud as hell. Granted I got mine for $248 OTD back during my brief stint of working at Firestone.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.GA Taco x3 View Post
Sign up for email deals on the Firestone Auto Centers Web site. Got an email 2 days ago for tires $1 above cost. Do not need new tires now so i didn't check it out, but it might be worth looking into. I think their last quote to me on Revo 2's was $780 before tax or something like that, but i went with Goodyears.
Thanks for the tip - I signed up.

Do you still have the email?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #20
BUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUZZ5's Tacoma Gallery
Working at a Bridgestone plant, I see these built everyday. The engineering & technology that goes into producing these are impressive. I have the original Revos in 285/70/17 size, $401 installed with lifetime b&r and rhw. That's employee discount price. I have almost 30k on them & they look to be about at mid point in wear. Regular b&r & propper air pressure is very key to getting maximum life out of these. I have gone by the book on mine & they are wearing perfectly even, but I can tell they are beginning to make a little more noise the more they wear. The Revo 2 pattern looks cooler & should perform better & I will go with them whem my originals wear out, unless a newer version is out by then. From what I've seen at work lately, there may be a new 20" MT in the near future. Not sure if it's concept tire or test run, but they are bad ass. We did some a couple years ago for a Hummer at Sema, 35" 20 MT's that were cool, but would have been terrible on pavement.