Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'Cat Clamp' Catalytic Converter anti theft chingadera

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
'Cat Clamp' Catalytic Converter anti theft chingadera

http://www.********.com/

(how do ya like that....it wont let me paste the link.....Hi speed anti-theft shit for realz!!!) ... its www. cat clamp (dot com ...no space between the first two words)...

Just heard about this on another website. dont have one but it looks simple and effective from the flash video on their website.
Says it will deter even a cordless saw for a while .
apparently they're $150-300.00 for the basic model or the 'maxx' beefy one. expensive, but less then a new cat. hmmm.

Hope this helps fight the crackheads. hell if nothing else i bet one of y'all can fab one for TW members. we would need to electrify it as well though.
ride the lightning bitches !!!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Did you pick up a kit? I saw one installed on Truck U and it looks alright.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
no dont got one, I just found out about this afternoon. had to share it with TW before too much research.
I also live out of town, so I am pretty safe where I'm at. got the Mossberg and pitty home security out there. lol. (that sounds so toughguy... my 12 gauge is locked up and my dog is like 10, and he's a pit/lab mix. )
Old 01-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utRCS7jL-Y
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
In other news, thieves upgrade to plasma cutters.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
THey actually did oxy acetylene at the local doge dealer.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
I just had my cat cut out from under my truck while it was valeted in downtown phoenix Saturday night. Now I gotta go through insurance and get it replaced along with fighting the valet company to pay my deductible. what a headache.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
speedra995 is on a distinguished road
speedra995's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Cat Clamp MAXX brand new, never installed. It was bought for a Tacoma but it's a one size fit all type deal
It was purchased after I joined the privileged club of jacked cat for my '01 2.7L SR5. Reply if you are interested.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #12
ALBtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
ALBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
People are starting to take cats up here. Can someone tell me why anyone would take the cat off a truck? Up here its only happening to trucks and nothing else is it the same in the states?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
Simple, they take them from trucks because they can easily crawl under without needing to jack the vehicle and have clear unfettered access to cut out the cat. Makes the operation quick and easy... therefore less risky... for the thief.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylo View Post
Simple, they take them from trucks because they can easily crawl under without needing to jack the vehicle and have clear unfettered access to cut out the cat. Makes the operation quick and easy... therefore less risky... for the thief.
I didn't think cats from a 2nd gen Taco were worth anything to a thief. Do they have platinum in them?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #15
DunhamAll is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
DunhamAll's Tacoma Gallery
I just came in to rep the 505 since you used the word chingadera.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #16
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
LOL... Had to look it up but thanks to TW I learned something new and useful today!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=5134266

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunhamAll View Post
I just came in to rep the 505 since you used the word chingadera.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #17

Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, precious metals. They can also be sold by unscrupulous used parts dealers for re-use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTO View Post
I didn't think cats from a 2nd gen Taco were worth anything to a thief. Do they have platinum in them?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #18
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
My GF's 4runner got the cat stolen last month. The muffler shop that did the replacement welded pieces of rebar to the inlet and outlet pipes as a deterent to future thefts. Looks like it may work well.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #19
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
That cat clamp referred to in the first thread is way to easy to get off.

Most thieves use a cordless recip saw to cut the pipe, so add 15 seconds to cut the bolts off on the bracket or option B cut the pipe after the cat clamp ends.

Waste of $150-320