Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do you keep a small trash can in your truck?

Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #61
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand how one goes about making garbage in their truck. I've had parking receipts a couple of times that went in a cup holder for an hour. On a road trip I brought a napkin in the truck...once. Are people eating fast food or something in their trucks ?

I don't get it.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #62
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
How much trash are we talking? I throw mine in the cubby in front of the adjustable cup holders and then empty when I get home or somewhere with a trash can.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #63
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
No matter where I am at if there is a trash can that is either at my house or if it is at a business I will throw my trash away.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #64
luco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Lucas
luco1029's Tacoma Gallery
Usually I use a walmart bag or something like that. But I have very disrespectful friends who think my floor boards and bed are trash cans.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #65
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden View Post
i don't let people eat in my truck :P
I don't either. No matter how careful they say they'll be, they will always end up dropping something or try to be a ninja and wipe their hands on your seat.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #66
v1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to all
v1ndictiv3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulySSes View Post
I don't either. No matter how careful they say they'll be, they will always end up dropping something or try to be a ninja and wipe their hands on your seat.
x3... This is why only my girl and I ever ride in my truck. I tell my other friends to fuck off... Unless they drive a nice, clean Tacoma as well. Then they're ok.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #67
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novataco View Post
I have this one. It holds a lot when you blow it out. I don't want anything bigger because I don't want trash hanging out that long, and don't want a trash receptacle taking up any more space. Its waterproof so if some coffee in a coffee cup spills in there it doesn't drip.

http://www.amazon.com/High-Road-Auto.../dp/B000I12GXA

While I don't have this exact make/model, I've always kept something very similar in my truck and in the wife's car.
Empty them when they get full or start to smell, whichever comes first.
You can pick up something similar at most autoparts stores, even places like Target in the auto supplies aisle.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #68
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ndictiv3 View Post
x3... This is why only my girl and I ever ride in my truck. I tell my other friends to fuck off... Unless they drive a nice, clean Tacoma as well. Then they're ok.

lol. I'm not that bad. Anyone can ride in mine, just not eat in it. I know what you mean, though.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #69
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
I don't understand how one goes about making garbage in their truck. I've had parking receipts a couple of times that went in a cup holder for an hour. On a road trip I brought a napkin in the truck...once. Are people eating fast food or something in their trucks ?

I don't get it.
On long road trips (over 12 hours), you need that garbage bag believe me!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #70
v1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to all
v1ndictiv3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulySSes View Post
lol. I'm not that bad. Anyone can ride in mine, just not eat in it. I know what you mean, though.
Haha... I'm pretty anal in general when it comes to keeping things clean and for being nearly 13 years old, the trucks in great condition and I want to keep it like that til it eventually dies... and I resurrect it to die again. And I usually let girls ride but only if they're not the type to be trying to do their makeup in the vehicle. That straight annoys me!

Honestly, part of the reason I got a truck was so I'd have enough space for exactly two people. I'm tired of giving people rides to places.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #71
K Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K Williams's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to K Williams
I use one of these:

http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo...artnum=TASTAND
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #72
Canine is on a distinguished road

Canine's Tacoma Gallery
It's an old thread, but I haven't seen good solutions anywhere online.

I recently picked up an old airtight container typically used for cereal. I attached hooks to it and secured it to the floor behind the cup holders in my center console with bungee cords. The hooks weren't attached tightly with epoxy, so I just drilled two bolts into the high density plastic to secure any up-down/side-to-side movement with the bungee.

It matches the interior, looks good, is out-of-the-way (unless you always carry three in the back, then the center person may need to straddle it), and is airtight and is quick on/off. I only bring this up, because a few of my friends (fellow local Tacoma owners) are doing the same thing for their trucks to help with organization and trash-management--and I haven't seen it done/mentioned anywhere online.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #73
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it's called a 5 gal bucket....bungee cord it to the bed extender....has a screw on lid...
Old 04-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #74
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i throw all my trash in my bed, cans cardboard receipts grocery bags whatever usually empty it out once a month or so
Old 04-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #75
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
I just throw my trash out the window,(just kidding) they sale a cheap trash bag at Wally World ,it has a hanging tab and on the bottom has double sided sticky tape have one in all my trucks.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #76
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
Best thing we've found and used for years (just ordered another one to match the interior color of the new highlander) is the Case Logic Trash Bag. Has a strap with clip to attach around the headrest posts and hangs behind the seat. Velcro bottom to empty it in the "real" trash and has a bungee type opening in the top to keep it almost completely closed but expands so you can stuff things in it (so they won't come back out even in the wind with the windows down). We've got one in both vehicles hanging from the front passenger seat so even as a driver I can reach over and dump wrappers and such in it. Best trash bag we've ever used hands-down! And they're only around $5 on the internet.
x 2 on this I have had the same one since I was 16 I have moved it from vehicle to vehicle (5 total)
Old 04-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #77
K Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K Williams's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to K Williams
http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo...artnum=TASTAND
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #78
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Window.. I dont understand the point of dumps.. I like to spread the trash around, to avoid the impact of putting all the trash in one place.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #79
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhion82 View Post
I just use an old walmart bag and hook it over the gear shifter and let it hang on the passenger side. I found that to work the best

this.

been doing it like this for years. simple, ez, holds a lot of soda bottles
or whatnot, unlimited supplies, tie in a knot and toss it out