Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do you keep a small trash can in your truck?

Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
mintof5 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
mintof5's Tacoma Gallery
Do you keep a small trash can in your truck?

I can't seem to find a good option for a small trash can to keep in my truck. Does anyone else have this problem? Any good solutions?

Thanks

Jason
Old 01-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
ericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Rotorhead
Name: Inigo Montoya
ericb's Tacoma Gallery
I just use the worthless small cupholder and empty it when i get out.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #3
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you need a trash can? How about just one of those small plastic bags that one hooks to the cigarette lighter? Carwash places give them away for free...
Old 01-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it's the cup holder in the door it works perfect.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
Son of Baconator
unentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shedunentered is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW)
Name: Jacob
unentered's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to unentered Send a message via Skype™ to unentered
I have a small fabric snoopy trashcan velcro'd to my hump. We put a plastic baggy in it as a trash bag, pretty much the best thing ever. Cost me like 1000 Yen.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
I just use an old walmart bag and hook it over the gear shifter and let it hang on the passenger side. I found that to work the best
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Why? Quit collecting trash. Throw it in your trash can at home or when you stop somewhere.

My friends seem to think the cubbies in my doors and the door handles are trash receptacles.

If I do have some sort of trash I put it in my cupholder then throw it away when I stop somewhere.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing we've found and used for years (just ordered another one to match the interior color of the new highlander) is the Case Logic Trash Bag. Has a strap with clip to attach around the headrest posts and hangs behind the seat. Velcro bottom to empty it in the "real" trash and has a bungee type opening in the top to keep it almost completely closed but expands so you can stuff things in it (so they won't come back out even in the wind with the windows down). We've got one in both vehicles hanging from the front passenger seat so even as a driver I can reach over and dump wrappers and such in it. Best trash bag we've ever used hands-down! And they're only around $5 on the internet.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:24 AM   #10
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I have a small plastic can that fits between the front console and the (otherwise useless) rear console in the access cab.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I just throw my trash in the bed of my buddies trucks when I get to work
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
Passenger footwell. I have Huskies.
x2!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #14
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
yes, next to my stove and refridgerator
Old 01-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
I use a bag made by Thule, the roof rack company. They purchased Case Logic a few years ago and then came out with a number of car organizers the next year. I really like my trash bag, it hangs from the seat sllightly below the head rest. It has a stiff plastic rim accessed by unzipping both sides of the bag, which allows a standard plastic shopping bag to be folded over to be used as a liner while being hidden from view. It also has pockets to stash a few more bags and I keep a pump bottle of hand sanitizer in one of the mesh pockets. The ladies love hand sanitizer for some reason. The Kleanex dispenser is a nice touch.

Thule discontinued my bag, but you can still find them. It's the Thule 7033 Liter Bag.

Thule has a new trash bag, but I'm not fond of it's attachment method.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
That's just lazy and tacky. Stop and properly discard all unwanted trash or take it out everytime you get home.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #17
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulySSes View Post
That's just lazy and tacky. Stop and properly discard all unwanted trash or take it out everytime you get home.
/\ this x2 /\

I try to keep my interior clean, no need to trash to accumulate in your truck. On long road trips, I use a plastic grocery sack and empty it at every stop.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Husky floor mats so I just throw the trash on the floor on the passenger side and clean it out at the end of the day. I never keep trash in the truck longer than a day so no need for a trash can.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #19
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I throw all my garbage on the pass side floor. It drives me nuts there... that way ill throw it away quickly
Old 01-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
Cmatt1605 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Cmatt1605's Tacoma Gallery
door pocket = trash can

friends truck bed = dumpster