Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leer 100XL on MGM DCLB

Old 01-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Leer 100XL on MGM DCLB

Hey Y'all,

NooB here, I wanted to post this as a courtesy to anyone scouring the web looking for pics of a Leer 100XL on a Gen II MGM DC/LB. I just got mine installed this morning, and I couldn't be happier with the fit, seal, color-matching, quality. I spent hours (quite literally) looking for a single picture of this same setup before I bought it, and came up with nothing. This is for that guy....(apologies in advance if the picture quality isn't the best, it was with my phone)

Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
jmayday23 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joel
jmayday23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting, I'm considering cap for my DCLB MGM as well. I like the Leer and the A.R.E. Not sure which one I'll pick yet. BTW, you're from my home town, how's the South Puget Sound holding up these days? I haven't been back in about 5 years.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayday23 View Post
Thanks for posting, I'm considering cap for my DCLB MGM as well. I like the Leer and the A.R.E. Not sure which one I'll pick yet. BTW, you're from my home town, how's the South Puget Sound holding up these days? I haven't been back in about 5 years.

I shopped around for a couple months, and I had it narrowed to the 100XQ, 100XL, or $nugTop XV. I originally wanted the 100XQ (just b/c it looks so clean on this truck, the lines are perfect) but I had read, and heard from numerous dealers that it was not the best choice if you want it "leak-proof". Due to the design of the back window on that model (100XQ), it actually creates a channel for water to run into the bed. I haul a lot of music equipment, and wanted the most leak-free design possible, and the 100XL was it. The $nugTop was about a grand more, for basically "TRUE" color-keyed paint. The paint on this is fantastic, I know there have been complaints about it not being exact, but I can't find any flaws, it's pretty damn close. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
jmayday23 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joel
jmayday23's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the additional info, sorry to hear about the continued liberal takeover. Oh well, maybe they'll come around some time. The whole west coast is falling into that trap...
Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job, I like your taste.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
jimmygle is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
jimmygle's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jimmygle
Thanks for the pics. I'm looking for something similar for my DC short bed, and that looks pretty slick.

BTW I used to live over near Olympia (Gray's Harbor and then Bellevue) and almost went to Evergreen actually. Then I grew up and moved to the non liberal, non tree hugging side of the state: Spokane. Unfortunately we have terrible roads, but the new Taco loves our snow
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
NewFire is on a distinguished road
Air Force: FireFighter
NewFire's Tacoma Gallery
Leer XL series caps

How do you feell about this cap now after owning it for a couple of years?? I am currently looking myself and came across your thread.........thanks for posting by the way!! I have been looking at the Leer XL and possibly with the wilderness package.....thoughts??? Cheers.....
Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #10
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFire View Post
How do you feell about this cap now after owning it for a couple of years?? I am currently looking myself and came across your thread.........thanks for posting by the way!! I have been looking at the Leer XL and possibly with the wilderness package.....thoughts??? Cheers.....
I have the exact same one, just on a short box. I am 99% satisfied with it. The only thing I would change is having carpet put inside it. If you are on the fence about carpet, my suggestion to you is to just do it. The Leer dealer I got it from said that it's installed at the factory and can't be added in later.

Two other tidbits of info for you:\
- The weather seal around the door is great, but there is a small gap where the bottom corners meet the corners of the tailgate. So depending on your needs, you might want to look into getting an extra weather strip package. I think they run about $30 at any auto parts store.
- I have the power lock and interior light on mine. It works okay. Locks and unlocks just fine, but I have already blown 1 fuse for the lock in the first year. And make sure they wire the light to turn off with the ignition off. It's easy to forget that you turned it on, and it could kill your battery.