LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who drives 20,000+ miles a year?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #21
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on pace to drive about 22k this year with my truck. I love driving, and I love putting on the miles. I bought this truck to be used...I don't want it to just sit in my driveway and collect dust.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #22
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
I commute 46 miles one way to work 5 days a week. Plus driving on the weekends. The 05 I sold a few months back had 102k on it and I hardly drove it at all the past 4 summers. In the summer I usually drive my Mustang and occasionally get the FJ40 out when I feel like blowing $20 to drive it to work.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #23
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I do. My commute is 160 miles round trip. I share the commuting with a friend that works in my office, but I will still get at least 20,000 on mine in a year. I have put 13,000 on it since August 1 when I bought it.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #24
LEEP is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
LEEP's Tacoma Gallery
I AVERAGE AROUND 21,500 MILES A YEAR
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #25
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
25k a year here its the work 60 mile round trips that add up. I might have to get another gas miser if $/gal keeps going up.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #26
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my '09 in October 2008 and now have 55,600 miles on it. That's why I bought the 4 cylinder. I change the oil every 3500 miles which works out to about every six weeks.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #27
francis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Trevor
francis1291's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine towards the end of feb. and as of right ow i have about 21K on it....i drive it to much but when summer comes i will be riding my bike more. Im in college and i come home every weekend to see my girlfriend and its 120 miles one way from school and 35-40 miles from my house to hers one way and that is not including the driving around augusta we do and i drive down there fri,sat,sunday and then another 120 miles back to school that sunday night.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #28
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I average about 18,000 a year
Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #29
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
My job reimburses me for mileage (51 cents a mile this year), but otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't be driving a truck.
51 cents a mile!

So if you get 20 mpg, for every gallon of gas you use driving to work you are reimbursed $10.20? If gas cost $4 per gallon you would make $6.20 in profit on every gallon you use.

Is the company you work for retarded?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #30
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
51 cents a mile!

So if you get 20 mpg, for every gallon of gas you use driving to work you are reimbursed $10.20? If gas cost $4 per gallon you would make $6.20 in profit on every gallon you use.

When you drive a personal vehicle for work use, you have to account for depriciation, wear and tear, insurance, ect. I beleive the Gov. allotment this year is .51 or .52 cents per mile. When you rack up miles like that the value drops like a rock.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #31
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Since '09 I went from having somewhere in the high 30s to having 73K. I commute 60 miles to school twice a week, and frequently visit my Dad in Atlanta. I hate the girlfriends car (as does she, now looking to dump the Honda for a Scion) so we drive my truck everywhere.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #32
MAtrdguy is on a distinguished road

Army: 101st Airborne Div
Name: Pete
MAtrdguy's Tacoma Gallery
I do 360 miles a day ( round trip ) all on some of the worse roads in New England....the MASS PIKE !!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #33
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
51 cents a mile!

I get 55 cents a mile reimbursement when I travel for work if I'm driving my personal vehicle.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #34
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtrdguy View Post
I do 360 miles a day ( round trip ) all on some of the worse roads in New England....the MASS PIKE !!

A tank a day. Must be expensive. Damn good thing the interior in the Taco is comfortable!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #35
Pizzajon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Pizzajon's Tacoma Gallery
I do 20k-25k a year. Although work pays for gas. But i own the business which means I pay the gas. Lame
Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #36
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtrdguy View Post
How many miles on your truck?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #37
originalthoughts is on a distinguished road
originalthoughts's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up the 2010 in April and have near 18K miles on it now. At my current rate I am gonna rack up 21K-22K a year.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #38
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the truck 18 months and I'm almost up to 35,000 miles. So, yeah, I'm up there with ya...
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #39
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma just under 12k a year
The Silverado about 3k a year
The Peterbilt just above 125k a year
Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #40
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfrog View Post
When you drive a personal vehicle for work use, you have to account for depriciation, wear and tear, insurance, ect. I beleive the Gov. allotment this year is .51 or .52 cents per mile. When you rack up miles like that the value drops like a rock.
Oh okay yea that makes complete sense. Should have thought of that.