1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clunking from the Left Front

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by poorkid99, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jan 21, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    poorkid99

poorkid99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    so, it snowed a good bit yesterday and i had to commute through about 2" of snow on the roads on the way home, got home with no issues.

this morning driving to work, i noticed a weird clunking noise, like something was trying to break/rattle itself free from the the front drivers side area.
    when i got on the highway i couldnt go above 50. the front end was bouncing up and down like crazy, ive had this issue before on a prior truck and immedialtely pulled over to check the lug nuts. all are on good and tight.

i eventually made it to work. only a 8 mile commute. and crawled under the truck, everything seems to be fine and dandy under there.

i just recently took it for another drive. the clunking seems to have gone all together and the bouncing up and down has pretty much gone as well. not sure if snow/ice/crud can cause such things. just want some input as im stumped. everything seems to be driving fine now. very strange.

if it matters i have a 4cylinder, 5speed with a OME lift and 265/75 tires

thanks.

2. Jan 21, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Ive had that happen before, and it tirned out to be ice/snow build up in the wheels.

3. Jan 21, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    poorkid99

poorkid99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    crazy that it can cause such issues, i guess there is no real way to prevent that, except dont drive in the snow.

Products Discussed in

To Top