Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help!! GOD AWFUL SQUEAKING NOISE!!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
Help!! GOD AWFUL SQUEAKING NOISE!!

I'm running bilstein 5100s and eibach coils in the front and all the other components are stock!! I've had them on there for about a year it feels like and recently there's been this GOD AWFUL squeaking coming from the front what the hell does this mean it's sooooooooo annoying
Old 01-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Does it do it when idling? or only when moving?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
only when moving, or if my car was in place and i shake the front end..

could it just be dust in my shocks?? I never put the dust protectors on my struts when i was installing them, my car doesn't feel like anything is performing differently
Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Mine squeaks like a sonofa bitch too. But i have a fabtech up front. But im thinking it is my balljoints. Cause i beat on my truck pretty hard.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
Mine squeaks like a sonofa bitch too. But i have a fabtech up front. But im thinking it is my balljoints. Cause i beat on my truck pretty hard.

how much $ you think it would cost to remedy this situation, possibly just getting ucas??
Old 01-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
The ball joints on the ucas should not squeak unless the boot on them broke and they are dry, then they could squeak.

Is everything except the shocks and springs in the front stock? And are you 100% sure its from the front, like did you listen from out side the truck?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
how much $ you think it would cost to remedy this situation, possibly just getting ucas??

Im putting uca's in the very near future. Ill let you know how it turns out.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
The ball joints on the ucas should not squeak unless the boot on them broke and they are dry, then they could squeak.

Is everything except the shocks and springs in the front stock? And are you 100% sure its from the front, like did you listen from out side the truck?

yeah 100% sure it's from the front, before it was from the front AND back but i pressure washed the shit out of my leaf springs and that went away

it's very noticable from the front passenger side

anyone have to replace their balljoints before how much did it run you
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #9

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I am to the point of squeezing grease out of the bottom of the boot. haha
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
yeah 100% sure it's from the front, before it was from the front AND back but i pressure washed the shit out of my leaf springs and that went away

it's very noticable from the front passenger side

anyone have to replace their balljoints before how much did it run you
Take a look under there and see if there is any thing broken/ torn.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #11
Quote:

see the thing is i don't notice any grease or fluids leaking from my suspension components
Old 01-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #12

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya you need to fix or replace it before it become dry and causing it to fail.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #13

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya you need to fix or replace it before it become dry and causing it to fail.
Im picking up all pro arms on wednesday. Along with fenders and king coilovers! Time for a facelift!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #14
damnit I greased the ball joints and pressure washed my front end and the squeak went away for 15 minutes!! I cant identify exactly where it's coming from I'M GOING CRAZY