Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

my bed is crooked

Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #41
Deathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant future

Deathbeard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
The lean should be more on your drivers side and this is the "taco lean" A 1/4 top plate spacer on the drivers front will fix it. If that is what the problem is.

Is this a common issue? Was this for all 05+ model years?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #42
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
were talking about the bed being shifted. Hoyal is talking about the added weight on susp making the driver side of the truck drop down slightly and being corrected by a shim on driver side front spring.

Both seem to be yes, common
Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #43
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony Mandarich
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppymach View Post
Thank you. fingers crossed. Where r you in jersey? Got family in S. Seaville off rt9. thats as close as you can get to ocean without being in sea isle.
haha, i live in regular seaville, underneath marmora

south seaville has a place that has INCREDIBLE cheesesteaks. the GEM market. you'd never know it by looking at it but man they have great steaks, at least for down here. hard for me to talk about good steaks with someone from phila, lulz.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #44
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
there right down the street from gems. kings highway & elizabeth lane. 5 minutes. very good food. Owners a crybaby but oh well still good
Old 02-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #45
ADVBedouin has a spectacular aura aboutADVBedouin has a spectacular aura about

ADVBedouin's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the trailer hitch to level the bed

I had the same problem on my '95 4runner as my '10 Tacoma Prerunner. The bed sat lower on the left side than the right, as something about the trailer hitch tweaks the frame. Lower wheel to fender distance on left side was 30.5", right side was 31". As soon as I removed the entire OEM trailer hitch bar & side plates, the truck went to perfectly level after a 15 mile drive. I've not reinstalled the trailer hitch & have put it up for sale, & the truck has been sitting level since.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #46
Illryion is on a distinguished road
Illryion's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed this in my new taco. I'm about to do some weekend adjustment.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #47
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBedouin View Post
I had the same problem on my '95 4runner as my '10 Tacoma Prerunner. The bed sat lower on the left side than the right, as something about the trailer hitch tweaks the frame. Lower wheel to fender distance on left side was 30.5", right side was 31". As soon as I removed the entire OEM trailer hitch bar & side plates, the truck went to perfectly level after a 15 mile drive. I've not reinstalled the trailer hitch & have put it up for sale, & the truck has been sitting level since.
that is a north south issue. height.

the thing that started this thread was an east-west, left-right issue.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #48
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
If the bed was off on one side but not the other (not square) i'd be raising hell at the mc Dealer. That's the kind of thing that can eat at one's soul over time.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #49
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Mine bends to the left. Oh wait .. you're talking truck beds. Nevermind.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #50
MiG-21 superfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
If the bed was off on one side but not the other (not square) i'd be raising hell at the mc Dealer. That's the kind of thing that can eat at one's soul over time.
in all honesty i've checked probably 10 tacomas at this point, even the ones at the phila auto show, and they all are off to a certain degree. either they are off vs. the cab, or the rear/wheels aren't centered vs. the bed, or any combo of the two in varying degrees. i'm extremely anal and exacting, but i kind of had a feeling from the beginning that this was the case and well enough was best left alone.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #51
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to go check mine!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #52
buddyfixit is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
buddyfixit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
Prolly made in mexico or texas....
proudly
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #53
AdrenlineJunky is on a distinguished road

AdrenlineJunky's Tacoma Gallery
WTF. brand new 013 & my bed is 1/4 on one side, 1"+ on the other. So much for that perfect "asain" fit and finish. What a PIA!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #54
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenlineJunky View Post
WTF. brand new 013 & my bed is 1/4 on one side, 1"+ on the other. So much for that perfect "asain" fit and finish. What a PIA!
Dealer