Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

my bed is crooked

Old 01-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony Mandarich
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
my bed is crooked

it is a brand new truck. apparently this is somewhat normal. it's probably about a 1/4 of an inch over to one side vs. the cab. i'm trying to remember which side - i believe it's further over on the passenger side.

there is an old thread on here about it and it was said that trying to adjust it is like opening a can of worms. i agree. usually stuff like this bothers me but if it's within spec and normal, i'll leave it.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is the same way.it's like 1/2"in inwards on the drivers side and perfect on the passenger side. It goes to dealer Monday for that and my chirping blower motor. I'll let you know what bullshit the dealer gives me
Old 01-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
The lean should be more on your drivers side and this is the "taco lean" A 1/4 top plate spacer on the drivers front will fix it. If that is what the problem is.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
The lean should be more on your drivers side and this is the "taco lean" A 1/4 top plate spacer on the drivers front will fix it. If that is what the problem is.
i think they're talking about the alignment of the bed on the frame, not the taco lean. the bed alignment can be remedied by loosening the bed bolts, adjusting to where you want it, then tightening them back.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i think they're talking about the alignment of the bed on the frame
yep : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
My truck is the same way.it's like 1/2"in inwards on the drivers side and perfect on the passenger side. It goes to dealer Monday for that and my chirping blower motor. I'll let you know what bullshit the dealer gives me
thanks.

yeah, like i said, i found one thread where it appears to be pretty normal. there is a tolerance, though i am not sure what that is.

the fan...i hope they are redesigning them because they have been on back order for a while. it was making the cricket sound on low and i took it in, and couldn't reproduce it. it hasn't done it since BUT if it does, unless i find proof of a redesign, i'm gonna sit tight. apparently someone installed the TYC piece available online and IT does the same thing, lol.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Ah yeah I've heard of that. Seems like it would be an easy fix with a few buddies.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
MiG-21 superfan

Quote:
the bed alignment can be remedied by loosening the bed bolts, adjusting to where you want it, then tightening them back.
that's what i was thinking too. i'm curious though, do you know anything about this, re: a "guide pin" - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post192385
Old 01-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
that's what i was thinking too. i'm curious though, do you know anything about this, re: a "guide pin" - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post192385
no idea, just know what i've heard...never measured for myself if my bed was off or not.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i think they're talking about the alignment of the bed on the frame, not the taco lean. the bed alignment can be remedied by loosening the bed bolts, adjusting to where you want it, then tightening them back.
My only problem with loosening the bed and moving it is the other side will be off.im going to push for a new compisit bed.I know its joke but I'll give it a shot.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
I think it gives it character being offset.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Mine isn't.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Mine isn't.
Screw you lol
Old 01-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
There is possibly some mismatch between the bed and frame. There may also be some mismatch between the composite bed and the metal bed sides.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Go outside and tell him if he doesn't straighten up he's not getting any gas. That will make him think twice about being crooked.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #15
Fagro is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Fagro's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed this on mine after I read about it here. If I eye down the outer bed sides from the rear, it is obvious the bed is shifted to the pass side a bit. You can tell by how much the cab stick out.
Not a big deal, but now that I know it exsists.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
I can tell you from installing numerous rear bumpers that it's pretty common for the beds to be off a little. I've had to adjust quite a few beds in order for the bumper to match up perfectly, and in doing so can usually make it match the cab better as well.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
Bumponapickle will become famous soon enough
Army: Good time!
Bumponapickle's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my 09 DCLB since brand new and wasn't till this past summer out waxing it that I noticed the box was offset. A ratchet and the four bolts in the box and easily corrected. Nothing to it, but it is a common thing....
Old 01-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
My only problem with loosening the bed and moving it is the other side will be off.im going to push for a new compisit bed.I know its joke but I'll give it a shot.
you have to find a medium between the two sides.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #19
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
I can tell you from installing numerous rear bumpers that it's pretty common for the beds to be off a little. I've had to adjust quite a few beds in order for the bumper to match up perfectly, and in doing so can usually make it match the cab better as well.
Now THAT'S customer serivce!
I swear one of these day's I'll be getting a rear bumper from you... I just keep spending my mod money elsewhere! ATO FTW!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #20
Machine gun shits

Quote:
you have to find a medium between the two sides.
Yeah I guess your right