Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

NAPA Gold Oil Filters?

Old 04-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
PA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nice

Army:
PA452's Tacoma Gallery
NAPA Gold Oil Filters?

How are these filters with the Tacomas? Any issues? Previous users feel confident?
I know they have the anti-drain back valve, so that issue is covered.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
My goodness, my Guinness!
NVR_QUIT has a spectacular aura aboutNVR_QUIT has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: something between the lines of devine and killing machine
Name: Lloyd Christmas
NVR_QUIT's Tacoma Gallery
My father sells these filters for NAPA. I have been to all the demenstrations and I've been sold on the fact that they are great filters.

There is no one technology that the other company can't re-produce. But for the time being, you would be hard pressed to find a filter that is better!

We could even do a group buy and I could get you all a sweet deal if I got enough people interested!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #3

They are compatible with full synthetic and natural oil

They are fiberglass media, meaning the inside filter isn't paper, it's fiberglass and they have a high burst rate meaning a higher capacity for holding dirt better and more of it!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
All I've heard are good things about the Napa gold filters.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
i heard the K&N oil filter is really good too

and freaking expensive!!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #6

I'm not to sure about anything when it comes to K&N... They are a racing brand, and by this I mean:

K&N air filters claim to let in more air than most aftermarket and OEM filters out there. They are NOT lying... Their filters do let in TONS of air. This means that the filters are porous. So not only do they let in more air to your engine, you're also getting more dirt.

Like I said, I'm not to sre what the OIL filter claims to have, but I'm sure they stick with their racing theme throughout all their products.

Just go with NAPA gold!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR_QUIT View Post
I'm not to sure about anything when it comes to K&N... They are a racing brand, and by this I mean:

K&N air filters claim to let in more air than most aftermarket and OEM filters out there. They are NOT lying... Their filters do let in TONS of air. This means that the filters are porous. So not only do they let in more air to your engine, you're also getting more dirt.

Like I said, I'm not to sre what the OIL filter claims to have, but I'm sure they stick with their racing theme throughout all their products.

Just go with NAPA gold!
i also see napa has a premiem filter... but they dont make it for the tacoma.
I have a 2000 Nissan Altima and they have Napa Premium filter which is pricey than gold
Old 10-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #8

All NAPA Premium filters are GOLD filters... They do make them for Tacoma's...

If you have a question about any one in particular, get me a part number and for whatever vehicle it's for... and I'll let you know ASAP what the difference is or I'll be happy to answer any question you have.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR_QUIT View Post
All NAPA Premium filters are GOLD filters... They do make them for Tacoma's...

If you have a question about any one in particular, get me a part number and for whatever vehicle it's for... and I'll let you know ASAP what the difference is or I'll be happy to answer any question you have.
part # BA0418135 price is $8.99 that's for my nissan
Old 10-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #10

I also like the mobil 1 extend performance oil filter too
Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #11
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
part # BA0418135 price is $8.99 that's for my nissan
-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That number is not a Wix/NAPA Gold filter, It is a Beck/Arnley filter. B/A is an expanded import line of parts, and they do carry some filters, 90% of which can be had in the regular NAPA filter lineup for less money.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:52 AM   #12

AAARRRRRR LRH... HAHA, you beat me to it! Thanks though...
Old 10-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #13

you guys like the mobil 1 filter too?

I guess Napa gold filter is good too. But is cheaper? why?
isn't quality costs more? dont get me wrong i love the price... but sometimes you get what you pay for!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:57 PM   #14
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
isn't quality costs more? dont get me wrong i love the price... but sometimes you get what you pay for!
That's not always the case, there are always exceptions to the rule.