Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whos dream came true?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
luco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Lucas
luco1029's Tacoma Gallery
Whos dream came true?

Just thought id see who always dreamed of having a taco and then ended up with one. Because back when I was younger...probably about 97...my dad bought a green Taco and straight piped it with duals and I then always wanted a green Taco with dual exhaust. My dad was promising me the truck when I got to be about 12 and then in 07, traded it for a Tundra. But then, when I turned 16 and go my license, my dad took me to the local Toyota dealership...making me think he was picking up his Tundra from being serviced, and he shows me my birthday present...a GREEN Taco that he traded his Tundra for and then gave me the money to put dual pipes on it as another part of my present. So just thought id hear other stories of peoples Taco dreams coming true.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I dream of World Domination......and....well.......So far, the dreams not working out quite right......
Old 01-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I really wanted an '05 Taco when I was 14 and they first came out. I got one just before my 17th birthday.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
I always wanted a Tacoma. For price and credit reasons I had to settle for a 2001 Nissan Frontier crew cab (which I ended up really, really liking) then a Nissan sedan and FINALLY, my 2011 Tacoma. The Nissan was a great truck, but after owning a Tacoma I wouldn't go back. Love my truck, it's coming together and I'm having fun doing all the stuff to it I've been dreaming of doing.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
jdmbb is on a distinguished road
Army: MS4 ROTC
jdmbb's Tacoma Gallery
first time i saw the xrunner at the auto show i fell in love. now i own one and couldnt be happier
Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony Mandarich
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
this is the only toyota pickup i really ever cared about -

Old 01-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
I dreamed about a Taco for 6 month, than I saw my taco at the Dealer near to my house, but they would not agree on the sale price, for almost 8 weeks I would pass by, stop, get inside and dream (it was inside the show room), make 3 offers they refused them all. Than got another 1K, and on the last day of the month make my final offer, they accepted it.
My truck is proof that dreams come true... I am loving it.

PS: I wish my wife would like it more than she does. She often complains about not being comfortable.... but hey, she used to drive a Mercedes spoiled brat...
Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=luco1029;2636360]. Because back when I was younger...probably about 97...

Dang how old are you now? 120? Sorry...couldn't resist.
To answer your question yes I have always wanted a Tacoma. After my 1982 I wanted another with much less rust, and 4X4.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #9
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
this is the only toyota pickup i really ever cared about -

ditto.. I'm more chasing a dream gone by. Don't have a MORE favorite pickup.. but they just don't make good pickups anymore.

The 2nd-3rd gen trucks are all beat to hell and not comfortable enough for my old ass and kids. But the tacoma isn't a replacement..
Old 01-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
blackbox will become famous soon enoughblackbox will become famous soon enough
blackbox's Tacoma Gallery
When I was much younger, like 1975, there weren't any small 4x4 trucks being sold in this country. But I saw one on a used car lot in Beckley, WV one day, stopped to look at it, it was home-made, lifted and 4x4, I forget the make of the vehicle but loved the look of a small 4x4 truck. Wanted one ever since. Got it finally in '09, new 2010. Totalled by southeast KY idiot female in August '10. Got another identical new one, 2010. Went for an after-midnight ride on the local back roads (hilly) after 6+" snowfall a couple days ago, before the plows and most of the traffic, drove in the loose stuff that hadn't been driven over yet, had a blast, no one else out at all. Living the dream. I did have a 2 wheel drive Toyota Hi-Lux for a couple of years in the middle '70's, and a Cj-5 Jeep for a few years in early 80's, but yes, I did get my dream after approximately 35 years.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Its been my dream truck ever since I knew what a Tacoma was, I owned a black '96 ext. cab 4X4 for a couple years, and it was CLOSE to my dream truck but then when the 2nd Gens came out I was IN LOVE! well started making decent $ found a good deal on a black '05 TRD sport Dcab.... sold! Dream come true, and absolutely love it..... although next one will be white
Old 01-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
I wanted a first gen Tacoma for my first car, my dad said "it would crush like a can in an accident" so he bought me an Isuzu Trooper.. after that I had a 4Runner and now finally my tacoma! I waited almost 7 years, it was worth it!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #13
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I always wanted a Tacoma since the first time I seen one, in '05' I finially had a job that could support truck payments. Been stoked ever since. Not a dream come true, but something I dreamed of when I had nothing.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
pizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nice

pizzo's Tacoma Gallery
after watching Back to the future in my childhood, i always wanted a tacoma. its not the same as the one in the movie but nonetheless, its a tacoma.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #15
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
I wanted a first gen Tacoma for my first car, my dad said "it would crush like a can in an accident" so he bought me an Isuzu Trooper..
ha ha nothing like ignorance.. Dad's.. mom's with their infinite knowledge of engineering.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Coloradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to beholdColoradomx24 is a splendid one to behold

Coloradomx24's Tacoma Gallery
Growing up I always wanted a tacoma. Then when I turned 16 I bought a 1988 SR5 pick up. At 18 my dad bought me a 2003 Tacoma extended cab base model for graduation, and now at 25 I bought a 2009 DC long bed sport last year. I will say the quality is not as good as it use to be...but I still love my tacoma's
Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
I remember when I was 16 and I got a 92 Toyota Pickup I moded it out made it look good. Drove it for 6 years then I was ready to trade it in. I was still living at home and I found a AWSOME 02 Tacoma lifted, white, just nice for 16,000 and my old man said for get about that dream and do what you can afford. So I got a ranger....BIGGEST MISTAKE... Then got married had kids, saved up for years it felt like and finnaly got my Tacoma.... Worst part about it. I remember a year before I got my truck my parents showed up to my house in an brandnew at the time 08 Taco... OOOO HOW I was pissed
Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #18
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
ha ha nothing like ignorance.. Dad's.. mom's with their infinite knowledge of engineering.

LOL Im not gonna lie, that Trooper sure did hold up, but I know the Taco would have too
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #19
JDMrolla is on a distinguished road

JDMrolla's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my first 1st gen taco with the dream of pulling my dream AE86 to autocross events...unfortunately the engine blew in the AE86 and im still slowly rebuilding it in the little time i have...i now have a 2nd gen with the same dream of one day hauling my little rolla to race events
Old 01-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #20
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
ha back in my freshman year of hight school (2001) I saw a 1st gen from afar, and I really liked the ground clearance it had (it was stock trd dbl cab)...and I fell in love.

fast forward to 2008 and I finally got a brand new pee runner...

fast forward to beginning of 2010, I got a brand new 2010 trd or