Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hood Scoop

Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Pannell_Trd is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Pannell_Trd's Tacoma Gallery
Hood Scoop

Is there a way to make the tacoma sport hood scoops functional? so that air goes in the motor. Does anybody make a kit to do this or have done this before?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Even if you cut it open, it lies in a Low Pressure area of the hood, so air wont "Flow" into it.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Heat might flow out of it if you open it up but that's it.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
If you cut it open all it does is release heat when sitting still. I did mine for summer trail runns when it's stop and go. I tested a before and after with my temp thing in the overhead console and there was a slite difference with it opened up. When you do it you can actualy see the amount of heat roll out of the hood scoop.
Why don't you just leave the hood up , I mean you can't see over the hood scoop anyway
Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why don't you just leave the hood up , I mean you can't see over the hood scoop anyway
Lol.

See I have to do that because the ATRAC system constantly overheats.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damn, you are right on today!!! that whole 2" of scoop kills every approach.....that's what she said
Old 01-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
damn, you are right on today!!! that whole 2" of scoop kills every approach.....that's what she said
I agree , I am in fine form today . And I look marvelous .
Old 01-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
Pannell_Trd is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Pannell_Trd's Tacoma Gallery
oh okay, i didnt think there was away but i sure am glad i got one though because they look damn good.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannell_Trd View Post
oh okay, i didnt think there was away but i sure am glad i got one though because they look damn good.
Word
Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Word to ya motha!
fixed
Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
LoL

I think I'm gonna cut mine off, I heard David was looking for one.
SGB scoop on SSM...i approve
Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
SGB scoop on SSM...i approve
Franken-Trac
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I double dare you