Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Difference in suspension

Old 01-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Recdog has a spectacular aura aboutRecdog has a spectacular aura about
Recdog's Tacoma Gallery
Difference in suspension

Is there a huge feel difference between the off road and sport suspensions when driving on regular road?

They both have bilsteins so im trying to figure which would suite me best....ill be doing no off roading but kinda like the chrome accenys
Old 01-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
sport has a larger sway bar and the offroad has progressive coils. some say the stock sport is smoother on the highway than the stock OR, but who stays stock anyways

and if you get a standard SR5, then it comes w/ chrome accents and you wont be paying for something you wont use.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Recdog's Tacoma Gallery
So the sport will handle much better on the road ? Or would u think its just slightly? Just trying to decide which I should get. Dealer has neither to to test drive.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
the rides arent event worth comparing, when I drove both they felt exactly the same, but its easy enough to swap out and the parts are cheap for either.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recdog View Post
So the sport will handle much better on the road ? Or would u think its just slightly? Just trying to decide which I should get. Dealer has neither to to test drive.
i would drive all 3....sport, OR, and an SR5, then see which one you like the most. if you will never offroad and you like the ride and chrome on the SR5, then i'd go that route. like said above, the 5100's can be bought for under $300 for all 4 shocks and it will smooth out the SR5 ride too.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
Recdog's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I'm thinkn off road. I like the chrome. I can always tho on thick sway bars...yes?
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recdog View Post
Yea I'm thinkn off road. I like the chrome. I can always tho on thick sway bars...yes?
you can get a swaybar from a sport or aftermarket...but the cheaper SR5 comes w/ the same chrome as an OR and you arent paying for something you will never use.