Notices

Toytec Lift Results-B4/Aftr

Old 01-23-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
tacojpklx is on a distinguished road
Name: eric
tacojpklx's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Lift Results-B4/Aftr

Hi all,

New here, but been lurking a lot since I bought my truck new last Aug. Great site, and thought i'd try to give back a little. Just had my lift put on yest. Here's the b4:

I went with Toytec's BK0510 kit. It's the eibach front coil, 5100, and 2" AAL, and the spacer for the lean. I had them set it up on the lowest groove in the front shocks. This gave a smidge over 1.5" of front lift. The rear is measuring 3" right now. I figure it might settle some. Here is how it turned out:

A few notes: Truck has '1k miles on it so I was very nervous. Kit delvd was $681. Price for local shop to install was $475. It took them twice to get it aligned so it would track right, but now it drives nice. Firm but not harsh. I'm happy and would do it over again in a heartbeat.

Yes, I know the tires are stock, but i think it looks ok for now. Yes, I know i could have had the tsb, but it would have been a logistical pia.

Thought this might help some1 and add another data point. Carry on....
Old 01-23-2011, 04:32 AM   #2
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Welcome to TW. Get ready to break the bank.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW.

I have the same lift/TSB on mine and just turned 25,000 on my 09. Not a single problem. No tire wear, no pulling, no harsh ride, and no alignment problems.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I like the rake and it may settle a little, but it will take alot longer to settle if you don't weigh it down Do you haul anything ever?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
tacojpklx is on a distinguished road
Name: eric
tacojpklx's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the welcome. It's my first ever truck and so far so good. I don't see myself hauling 2 much with it. Just dirt bikes and a quad now and then, but that is only after this never ending winter... Wish i had more time to drive it, but I drive an 18 whlr and more driving is usually my last priority when i'm home. (In fact today, I will fill it up for only the 3rd time since I bought it in Aug.)
Old 01-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
Look pretty nice!
Keep an eye on the For Sale section here and you may find some good deals on slightly used tires. And....since you drive for a profession, you may even be able to pick up during one of your trips!