Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My New Truck!!! Tell me what you think

Old 01-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Salty Basterd
Name: Mitch
LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
My New Truck!!! Tell me what you think

This is my new truck i just bought, its a 2005 trd tacoma 3inch suspension 3 inch body with 33x12.50r16s, 2.7l 4cylinder, 100,000 miles. im not one to buy a lifted vehicle i prefer to build my own but it was to good of a deal to pass up. i have about 2 grand that i can afford to put into extras, im thinking along the lines of head lights, window tint, new deck, sound system, bumpers, tires, urd short throw shifter kit, exhaust and doug thorley headers, grill, or gears. obviously not all of those with 2g but a combination of some of them, suggestions and thoughts?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck, mitch. i haven't had mine but about two weeks, so i'm here looking for good ideas too. i've only added a new stereo, xm radio and rain guards...so far. up next i'm thinking a new color-matched grille and step bars.
good luck.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
I like
Old 01-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
I hate Commie Libs!
GearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearBox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gear
GearBox's Tacoma Gallery
SWB FTW!!!!

Sent from my mobile device.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
swb??? ha fill me in im not big on the techno lingo
Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
id spend the money on bumpers from Relentless Fab. He is on the vendors list. money well spent with his gear.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
SWB is SpeedWay Blue, the color of your truck. Check the gloassary to see all the acronyms you'll see on here.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/glossary.php

Good lookin truck, by the way.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #9

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
oh alright gotcha, and thank you. and the trucks on 33's the 36s was my old truck, i want to put this on 315/75r16 toyo mt's but im not sure if theyll fit
Old 01-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Ride
Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Lose the body lift, thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i agree with the others that suggested the removal of old lift and going to the coilover and aal lift.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
baseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to behold

baseballfan5566's Tacoma Gallery
HOw much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
lose the body lift and spend the 2g on coilovers and uca's. 2wd or 4wd?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #17

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
well i want to run 35s so if i lost the body lift i think id lose the 3 inch suspension and go with a 6 inch fabtech, i like coilovers and that set up but im out on the east coast and i dont do a ton of wheeling like you west coast guys its mostly i love lifted trucks and i do alot of hunting and camping cruising the beach so im more looking for a nice lift and a good looking lifted tacoma, thanks for all the compliments guys i appreciate it' and i picked it up for about 16900, its more then kbb but i couldnt find one from that year in that good of shape for that price
Old 01-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #19
兔年快乐! 慢慢走!
trot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud of

trot's Tacoma Gallery
very nice (i just got the same color)

i don't know what your plans are as far as off road activity, but in the past (in Jeeps) when I have gone to larger tires, i regeared.

for example, my 01 XJ had 32" MTs and wast regeared to 4.56:1, of course I may be saying something you are planning to do, but yeah, gears made a huge difference even on rather short (by comparison) 32s and 33s
Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #20

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
yea im definitely gonna regear when i get to 35s, how much do gears run for the 2nd gen tacos ive bought them for a 1st gen and for dana 60s and gm14s but i havent really looked at prices for the 2nd gens