LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Value of taco with extras

Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Value of taco with extras

ok so i know you can check current value of a vehicle through kbb.com or nada.com but what about added accessories how do you fig those in for instance my truck:

06 Dbl Cab, 4x4 SR5 Off Road all the bells and whistles every option
25k miles
AFE intake
sungtop tonneau cover / color matched
OEM bed extender
3" revtek lift
18" pro comp wheels / 285 65 18 Terra Grapplers
Hid lights

so yea how do you fig all the extra in?
Old 08-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
in the current market...u'd be lucky to get 50% value on the extras i'd think
Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if ur thinking of sellign the truck, u might get descent money off them private party, but if its a trade in, i'd sell it all off to get something for it all
Old 08-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
jhodge i cant read your replies without looking at that damn avatar!!! Im just trying to determine the value i dont know if i would sell at all but ive had people interested and im like i don't know if i want to sell and i dont know what its worth.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
100 million dollars!!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
try this site out. mostly its lowerd trucks and ricers but there are lifted trucks on there too.

http://www.mautofied.com/

just put "make an offer" and see what happens
Old 08-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
camsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura about

camsbored's Tacoma Gallery
For me, mods add almost nothing to the value of a used vehicle. I almost always prefer a stock "virgin" vehicle to a modded one purely from the aspect of not knowing the quality of others' work. It's always a good idea to mod for your own enjoyment and assume you will not recoup any of the money, even for private party sales. You will probably make much more by parting out mods and restoring the truck to stock.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
100 billion fo fillion mo million dollars
Old 08-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #10
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by camsbored View Post
For me, mods add almost nothing to the value of a used vehicle. I almost always prefer a stock "virgin" vehicle to a modded one purely from the aspect of not knowing the quality of others' work. It's always a good idea to mod for your own enjoyment and assume you will not recoup any of the money, even for private party sales. You will probably make much more by parting out mods and restoring the truck to stock.
+1 Agreed.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
for the most part a stock vehicle is more desireable than a modded vehicle, whether it's a truck with a lift or a car with an intake or SC. when i see those things i think "ok, this vehicle has not been used lightly as a daily driver, its been pushed at least a little bit", which brings doubts of the vehicles mechanical condition. also, you're tastes are not everyone elses, so alot of people won't want the mods you have added. its always better to keep the stock parts and replace them and sell the truck then sell the parts seperately. i would not pay any extra for already added mods if i were looking for a vehicle. who knows who put the mod on? what if i got a truck witha SC for a good price to find out the guy installed it himself and didnt know what he was doing and was running too much psi? Mods = bad in teh re sale world
Old 08-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
100 billion fo fillion mo million dollars

^^^
LOL on that one.

On topic, good luck with your sale.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
jhodge i cant read your replies without looking at that damn avatar!!! Im just trying to determine the value i dont know if i would sell at all but ive had people interested and im like i don't know if i want to sell and i dont know what its worth.
I agree with that avatar, man that is smokin!!!!! I like it, kind of has a story in itself...ha...ha....if possible send me a PM with it in it. I need to put it on this computer somewhere.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #14
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by camsbored View Post
For me, mods add almost nothing to the value of a used vehicle. I almost always prefer a stock "virgin" vehicle to a modded one purely from the aspect of not knowing the quality of others' work.
Exactly right. Mods actually detract from value. It means you screwed with things and possibly flogged the truck.

I know I am.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 AM   #15
shootermcgavinyo is on a distinguished road
shootermcgavinyo's Tacoma Gallery
Your best bet is to return the truck to stock and sell the aftermarket parts. It will be a lot easier to sell the truck that way. If you trade it in, they'll rape you if it still has the lift, wheels, and intake on it.