Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AFE Pro Dry S oil Free Filter

Old 08-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
AFE Pro Dry S oil Free Filter

2 questions

Does anyone know where i can buy the AFE Pro Dry S oil Free Filter?

And, those guys who did the group buy for them some time ago did they post any results about gas mileage?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
shopatron .com should have it.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofs View Post
And, those guys who did the group buy for them some time ago did they post any results about gas mileage?
I posted here. I saw no difference.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
No difference in mileage, but what about performace?

I really find that minor fluctuations in mileage due to a mod here or there are insignificant as compared to the way you drive generally.

A set mood of calm beginning the day eliminates the lead foot, and doesn't illicit a response of gas stomping even if someone else is a jerk out there.

Save gas, save frustration, saves lives.

PEDAL CONTROL SAVES THE MOST GAS!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
I posted here. I saw no difference.
As I mentioned in that thread, I initially did not. However, two weeks ago I reset the comp and I I've gotten 18-19mpg vs. 17-18mpg prior, a 1mpg increase. It's pretty small but we'll see how it is as time goes on.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
As I mentioned in that thread, I initially did not. However, two weeks ago I reset the comp and I I've gotten 18-19mpg vs. 17-18mpg prior, a 1mpg increase. It's pretty small but we'll see how it is as time goes on.
How do you reset the computer? Just pull the battery cables off? If it's consistent, you might try putting the original filter back in and see if it goes down.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Yeah, removed negative cable for about a half hour.