Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Outside temperature indicator

Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
lakewoodbilly will become famous soon enoughlakewoodbilly will become famous soon enough

Name: Bill
lakewoodbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to lakewoodbilly
Outside temperature indicator

I was curious about where the outside temperature sensor is located on my '08 double cab.

Does anyone know where this is located?

The temperature that shows on the overhead console seems to be very inaccurate; even as much as 10 or more degrees off.

My '03 Corolla has this same feature (shows up in the dash by the odometer); it has been amazingly accurate.

I think this is a great feature on a vehicle as you are able to judge when you are starting to get down to the freezing point outside - meaning that the roads could be getting slippery around the 28-32 degree range depending on precipitation, fog, etc.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i think its in the corner of your winshield on the inside.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
lakewoodbilly will become famous soon enoughlakewoodbilly will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
i think its in the corner of your winshield on the inside.
should be on the outside of the vehicle since it is for the outside temperature.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
well i tried.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
CanTac is on a distinguished road

CanTac's Tacoma Gallery
Would be kinda nice to know where it is, don't ya think?

CanTac

Hal
Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Verticle Radiator support behind the grill.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 AM   #7
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I read somewhere that the sensor was in the front near the grill but I could be wrong.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Verticle Radiator support behind the grill.
found it. It is on the vertical support for the hood latch in front of the radiator. Seems like the heat from the radiator would affect this? Not sure why they put it there. I'll look for it on my corolla to see where it is located there now that I have a rough idea of what it looks like.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Mine seems to be fairly accurate.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's pretty damn accurate. Only time it is not accurate is on start-up when my truck has been sitting in the sun for any extended period of time, but as soon as you start moving it falls to a more accurate reading.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
Mine's pretty damn accurate. Only time it is not accurate is on start-up when my truck has been sitting in the sun for any extended period of time, but as soon as you start moving it falls to a more accurate reading.
+1

Agree totally.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #12
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
+1

Agree totally.

+2 same here, mine works exactly the same way.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:09 AM   #13
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
How hard is this to have installed if you dont have one? I am really going to miss having the outside temperature readings
Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 AM   #14
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
While I also agree w/this. Has happend once after a few mins,mine went from 112-116. Yep,It's hot here.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #15
Wolfpack is on a distinguished road
Wolfpack's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is always off 5-10 degrees. It is worthless.

I miss my '04 F-150 more everyday that I drive this "truck".
Old 08-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #16
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Mine's usually within a couple degrees of bank or other outdoor displays. I always take it with a grain of salt since the one at my house fluctuates with sun/shade a bit, and the weather channel is never that accurate either. I use it to ball park freezing temps mostly.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
We get that you don't like your Tacoma and miss your Ford. Let it go.
-Dan
Old 08-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #18
mainerinexile is on a distinguished road
mainerinexile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You won't get much sympathy around here. Read Consumer Reports. Maybe you had the only good F150, but you don't need to drag us down.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:07 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You obviously never had to work on your Ford.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #20
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
We get that you don't like your Tacoma and miss your Ford. Let it go.
-Dan
Amen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerinexile View Post
You won't get much sympathy around here. Read Consumer Reports. Maybe you had the only good F150, but you don't need to drag us down.
Meh. My Family has had several Ford trucks and all of them have been completely problem free, even with my Dad beating the hell out of them. I know people with F150s that are pushing 200K and still run well. It all depends on how you maintain 'em, just like any other vehicle.