Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hard to accelerate with wheel fully turned from park after switching to 4x4

Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #101
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
ATRAC attack! HIYA!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #103
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
ATRAC attack! HIYA!!!!!!

HA!! Funny!!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #104
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Ok, I see a few false statements here.

1. A-Trac dosn't lock like a locker does.

2. When did ARB start issuing warnings?? You can run a locker front and rear over 5mph if you needed to. Say you had a long steep hill climb. you try it with the rear locker only but it's not enough, you lock the front. The 4 tires are going to be locked together weither you run 1/4 mph or 15 mph.

Take ATRAC in the same sceniero. Atrac alone dosen't get you up it, so you lock the rear and run ATRAC. You need a running start to make the hill. ATRAC is gonna deactivate over 5mph, or if the tires spin over 5 mph so it is of no benefit. Am I right?

3. Lockers come with no warning. Toyota only puts one there because not everyone knows what a locker is.

4. Not all the complaints come from people that have no info on the system. I have read your rambling posts many times and understand the system very well, an have seen it in action many times. In no way does it compare to lockers. Like Andrews said it compares to front and rear traction control.

5. If ATRAC wasn't invited, we still wouldn't give a shit.

6. get out and wheel!! You can't push the limits of ATRAC with a stock truck, therefore I find all your posts about how capable it is irrelevant.

I'm exchanging facts and personal experiences. Are you proud?

BA BA BOOEEEE
Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #106
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm gonna get flamed huh?
I find it safer not to even post info on subjects like this. Too many experts.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #107
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
I use 4 high in snow and also heavy rain when there's pooling in the road. As long as there's good slippage (and there is in both of those situations) that is a good use of 4 wheel drive, and why I bought the truck. I think the transfer cases are designed to be stronger than the force required for that kind of slippage. Its not designed to be immortal, so you just have to make a judgment call, and when you feel there is less slippage in the road you should go back to two wheel drive. Also, if I feel there was any binding at all, I try to place the tires on one side in gravel or grass to unbind, often wiggling the steering wheel a little bit to assist in the slippage to get the transfer case in a neutral, un-torqued position, then switch out of 4WD, at a very low speed, of course. And I often take it out of 4WD before I do any maneuvering where I have to cut the wheel a lot. Its just a matter of developing a feel for the slippage and finessing it.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #108
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I find it safer not to even post info on subjects like this. Too many experts.
No shit. Hence my "PM only" policy, which is quickly becoming a "fuck it" policy.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #109
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
At work we carry a port called Cockburn and wine called Toasted Head. Why would you name your product that? Also we have Hello Kitty wines and Evian atomizers so you can spray Evian on your face when it is hot. I guess normal water is not good enough for some people.

Off topic enough?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #110
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think my Dogs have A-trac......
Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #111
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How's that going? I want in
Well, seeing as we will have been out wheeling 3 out of four weekends in January, I'd say it's going pretty well.

Fuck it, let's go wheel.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #112
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They have turrets syndrome?
They have that too.....Gunner was spinning both feet in the grass...then his front feet A-Trac engauged, and he took off.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #113

Hmnmmmm.....How 'bout a Big Mac A-trac?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
They have that too.....Gunner was spinning both feet in the grass...then his front feet A-Trac engauged, and he took off.
Best part is I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #116
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
At work we carry a port called Cockburn and wine called Toasted Head. Why would you name your product that? Also we have Hello Kitty wines and Evian atomizers so you can spray Evian on your face when it is hot. I guess normal water is not good enough for some people.

Off topic enough?
you wanna ship me some? i'll pay
Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #117
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
you wanna ship me some? i'll pay
$103 for a case of 30 Evian Atomizers.

I'll see if we have ATRAC wine or spirits.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Imagine V-Tec + A-Trac. Turbo puppy.
Yeah...Gabby has Vtec.....yo. When it kicks in, her ass squats down, and her speed doubles. Problem is, Shes running in 4 hi, and cant turn well. Shes hit 4 dogs at dog parks this month alone.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Best part is I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #120
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Sounds like Gunner switch into 4 paw drive when the hind legs were still spinning.

Sorry no ATRAC product. The closest we have is Trackers Crossing wines.