Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me your shell!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #21
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
OK, done. I just ordered a Leer 100XR....can't seem to find a pic of one to post. I chickened out and didn't get the rack and gun box built in. Too much money. With headliner, and removable front slider it came to about $1500 w/o tax, installed. Now if it will only get here before 9/11 (1600 mile road trip)! I even offered to send nudies of my wife to the Leer plant manager to make sure they expedite it's arrival!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #22
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
are you getting a bed rug ?
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #23
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Ultimately I will. My salesman had a badass '05 DC Taco with a Leer 100XQ and a Bedrug. I looked sweet. They are way nice. I believe he told me 400 something, installed. I think I get one later and install it myself.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #24
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
found this for you

http://www.truckspecialties.com/bedrug.htm
Old 08-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #25
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i hate to spoil this but what exactly is the purpose of a shell cover??
Old 08-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #26
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
That shell looks great! What model is it?[/QUOTE]

It's a Leer 100R. And thanks!!

GA
Old 08-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #27
error_repair is on a distinguished road
error_repair's Tacoma Gallery
What are you paying for yours

I am in Canada and we seem to pay way too much based on a dollar that is hovering close to the greenback. I was just quoted $1600 for LEER XL with sliding front window, quick connect, roof light and install..If I can save a few hundred bucks I am making a run for the border. About 1.5 hrs away.

XL was 1600
XQ was 1875
Old 08-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #28
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
Seriously? There many purposes, main ones would be secure/dry storage/hauling. I'll be buying one myself with a child on the way and two dogs.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #29
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by error_repair View Post
I am in Canada and we seem to pay way too much based on a dollar that is hovering close to the greenback. I was just quoted $1600 for LEER XL with sliding front window, quick connect, roof light and install..If I can save a few hundred bucks I am making a run for the border. About 1.5 hrs away.

XL was 1600
XQ was 1875
Yeah but even within Canada, I would think the prices would vary from place to place like they do here.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #30
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Seriously? There many purposes, main ones would be secure/dry storage/hauling. I'll be buying one myself with a child on the way and two dogs.
well yeah. ive grown up around those things. but people then still went camping in them. i just didnt know if people still did that or not. now i guess its mainly for dry storage.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #31
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by error_repair View Post

XL was 1600
XQ was 1875
Those prices are about $50-100 cheaper than my quotes....
Old 08-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #32
error_repair is on a distinguished road
error_repair's Tacoma Gallery
Leer XL

They do vary. The highest I am seen is $2500 for the XL I amlost pissed my pants laughing then I asked if he was serious.

$1600 is the best I can find.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #33
Kylie's dad

^That IS nuts.

Quote:
well yeah. ive grown up around those things. but people then still went camping in them. i just didnt know if people still did that or not. now i guess its mainly for dry storage.
Gotcha. Yeah, I mean, living where I do (Myrtle Beach area), I have to consider what would happen if I had to evacuate. That's one of my main motivations. Also, I need a place for softball equipment, won't be throwing that stuff on the back seats anymore. Strollers and other baby items would be another.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #34
Senior Citizen

Quote:

Beast, see this thread....http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-options.html
Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #35
Kylie's dad

^LOL, I forgot about that thread. Pretty sums it all up.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #36
Senior Citizen

sausage!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #37

cool thanks
Old 08-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #38
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a LEER 100R for my 06 access cab. Had 100R's on two previous trucks, never had a complaint. Ordered this one with the headliner (it's nice for "truck camping" and reduces road noise for the dog) and a sliding front window. My only (minor) complaint is that the slider on the topper doesn't match the slider on the truck - I'll take a picture tomorrow to show you what I mean. Other than that, it's great.

Mike
Old 08-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #39
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Imagine Christmas time-and as usual you have overbought gifts. You have to haul all those gifts 110 miles to your son's house to celebrate the Holiday there. PLUS you are bringing the majority of the food. It is POURING down rain over the entire state. You, your wife, and other son are going. THAT'S where the shell is priceless! It has made itself very handy on a lot of occasions!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #40
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NO way!

Keeps the bed free of dirt and debris.

Let me put my guns in it covered away from prying eyes of an open bed.

Keeps stuff dry.

Lets me camp in it, in bear country (there are specific signs that say you need a hard shell to camp, and not a tent in certain areas).

Keeps me warm with a candle.

Looks great

Increases value.

Products Discussed in this Thread