Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me your shell!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #921
DarrylZ is on a distinguished road
DarrylZ's Tacoma Gallery
On my Leer 100XL, it stayed there. The cap is actually made such that it has a small "lip" on the outer edge that hides the edge of the plastic. You can't tell it's still there.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #922
MDTRDK9 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
MDTRDK9's Tacoma Gallery
Shell

I bought a centurian shell about a year ago, and have used the crap out of it. I purchased mine through truck-n-america and they had a deal with Thule going on at the time of my purchase. So needless to say i got the shell with the roof rack installed for the factory. My shell has the screw out rear side windows and sliding front glass to match up with the double cabs sliding glass. The shell is very good quality and shows no exposed hinges as well as the thing is insulated through-out. The color from the factory on the shell matches really well too. good luck and remember you get what you pay for.
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your shell!-img_0526.jpg   Show me your shell!-img_0524.jpg  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #924
Mtlgrlie is on a distinguished road
Mtlgrlie's Tacoma Gallery
My new cap. Love it.

A.R.E. cap, Yakima Racks, Yakima loadwarrior, and Yakima rocket box. I've had the rocket box forever. Right now the bed (with a bedrug) is being used as a mobile kennel. 2 old labs and a 9 month old Potcake pup.

Yeti ready for travel by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr

Yeti ready to travel 2 by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr
Old 02-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #925
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Leer XQ and the 100R? Aside from the obvious difference in glass! They both offer the exact same options but look like the same product with different glass and a $800-$1000 price difference! Also is there anyone here experienced enough to tell me the difference between the legend and 100R?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #926
smuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud of
Name: CR
smuggiesrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtlgrlie View Post
My new cap. Love it.

A.R.E. cap, Yakima Racks, Yakima loadwarrior, and Yakima rocket box. I've had the rocket box forever. Right now the bed (with a bedrug) is being used as a mobile kennel. 2 old labs and a 9 month old Potcake pup.

Yeti ready for travel by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr

Yeti ready to travel 2 by Mtlgrlie, on Flickr
NIce truck.......mine also transports 2 old labs (rubber bed mat)
Old 03-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #927
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
SnugTop Rebel

Old 03-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #928
gptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura about
gptoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to gptoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Leer XQ and the 100R? Aside from the obvious difference in glass! They both offer the exact same options but look like the same product with different glass and a $800-$1000 price difference! Also is there anyone here experienced enough to tell me the difference between the legend and 100R?
I'm no pro on the XQ but it may be a bit of the shell as well as the glass. Don't quote me on that. The XQ didn't interest me enough to dig too far.

I can help on the Legend/100R. When I bought my 100R last year I asked the same question to the dealer, they're basically the same thing, but the 100R gets better warranty, the Legend's warranty is short, therefore cheaper. I think you can get all the same options though. Apparantly Raider caps are the same company, the Vagabond is the same as the 100R, I'd shop for both and buy the cheapest if it's on your list.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #930
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
As have I. But I saw it on a half ton chevy. I also saw a picture of one on the back of a H3T. It was on one of the big 3 shell manuf. websites. IMO it looked terrible.
agreed it would be pointless... unless youre like SFA and all rock crawlered out... even then....
Old 03-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #931
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gptoy View Post
I'm no pro on the XQ but it may be a bit of the shell as well as the glass. Don't quote me on that. The XQ didn't interest me enough to dig too far.

I can help on the Legend/100R. When I bought my 100R last year I asked the same question to the dealer, they're basically the same thing, but the 100R gets better warranty, the Legend's warranty is short, therefore cheaper. I think you can get all the same options though. Apparantly Raider caps are the same company, the Vagabond is the same as the 100R, I'd shop for both and buy the cheapest if it's on your list.
Thanks very much for the insight as well as the recomendation from OZ. I do like the 100RCC and actually just sold a 100R because it didn't fit my truck correctly. Bought it used though. I also just scored an XQ for CHEAP!!! I have heard a bunch of nightmares pertaining to those models so I think I will just use it for now and then order the RCC the way I want it to be. Not to mention that if I am unhappy with the fit.....I can then bitch till it is made right! The thing that I liked/needed from the XQ was the pop out side windows but apparently that can be done with all models? Also...the used XQ is red and my truck is blue! I see paintwork in my future!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post

This is exactly what I would like my truck to look like! I am definitely getting those wheels but might send them out for a black chrome coating!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylan View Post
Leer 100XQ

This is what my truck will look like though!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #934
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is exactly what I would like my truck to look like! I am definitely getting those wheels but might send them out for a black chrome coating!
I like 'em shiny. The shinier the better! One thing about these wheels is that they just baaaaarely clear the calipers. Don't get me wrong, they do clear with no issues, but you couldn't squeeze a fart between them.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #935
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks very much for the insight as well as the recomendation from OZ. I do like the 100RCC and actually just sold a 100R because it didn't fit my truck correctly. Bought it used though. I also just scored an XQ for CHEAP!!! I have heard a bunch of nightmares pertaining to those models so I think I will just use it for now and then order the RCC the way I want it to be. Not to mention that if I am unhappy with the fit.....I can then bitch till it is made right! The thing that I liked/needed from the XQ was the pop out side windows but apparently that can be done with all models? Also...the used XQ is red and my truck is blue! I see paintwork in my future!
What was the issue with the fit of your 100R ?

I don't think pop out windows are an option for the 100RCC
Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #936
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What was the issue with the fit of your 100R ?

I don't think pop out windows are an option for the 100RCC
Part of the problem was as if it was for a different truck although I know it wasn't as it wouldn't fit on anything else. Properly installed.....it stuck out about 3 inches beyond the rear. I made sure a number of times that it was as forward as it could get. The other problem was if you looked down the side of the bed, the topper literally flared out at least 3 inches and didn't sit flush or even close to the body line. Maybe it was normal but I would like a much better fit.
If the windows cannot be ordered to pop out, I may have to see what can be done by myself to make it happen or I just might be stuck with the XQ. I do need racks up above and would definitely get a reinforced topper such as the RCC but to be honest...I may only use it 3 to 4 times a year so .....I am going to have to figure this out.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #937
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Part of the problem was as if it was for a different truck although I know it wasn't as it wouldn't fit on anything else. Properly installed.....it stuck out about 3 inches beyond the rear. I made sure a number of times that it was as forward as it could get. The other problem was if you looked down the side of the bed, the topper literally flared out at least 3 inches and didn't sit flush or even close to the body line. Maybe it was normal but I would like a much better fit.
If the windows cannot be ordered to pop out, I may have to see what can be done by myself to make it happen or I just might be stuck with the XQ. I do need racks up above and would definitely get a reinforced topper such as the RCC but to be honest...I may only use it 3 to 4 times a year so .....I am going to have to figure this out.
Interesting .

Why do you need / want pop out windows vs sliders / windoors ?
Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #938
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Interesting .

Why do you need / want pop out windows vs sliders / windoors ?
Kind of for the same reason you discussed on the previous page with skidooman. I need access to certain tools/material that will be easier to get to with the pop out windows. A utility bed would be the easiest plan but the truck will only be used for work only 1-2 weeks out of the month. Therefore I want to try my hardest to keep it looking like a normal passenger vehicle. And thanks to you....I will always make sure not to go near the truck with the belt on!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #939

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kind of for the same reason you discussed on the previous page with skidooman. I need access to certain tools/material that will be easier to get to with the pop out windows. A utility bed would be the easiest plan but the truck will only be used for work only 1-2 weeks out of the month. Therefore I want to try my hardest to keep it looking like a normal passenger vehicle. And thanks to you....I will always make sure not to go near the truck with the belt on!
So you want windoors then not the XQ style pop out windows

Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #940
Yes......sorry I quoted incorrectly. The XQ I purchased has the windoors and this is what I need on a 100RCC. Glad to have wasted everyones time stating the wrong terminology! Sorry But now that I can ask the correct question....do you know if the windoors are available on the 100RCC?

Products Discussed in this Thread