Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me your shell!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #1001
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
I have the same setup at OZ and mine was $2700 and change. I think the only addition I included was the 12V outlets in the back which I would have done myself if I had known just what they were going to use (basic truckstop style splitter). The bars are 66" so there's plenty of space for a full sheet plus load stops. The rails and uprights are removable, but you are left with the little bumps that are mounted directly to the cap. I'm very happy with this topper and if you need one that can haul a lot of weight, I highly recommend it.
I'm guessing this arrangement isn't available with the remote lock?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #1002
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
I'm guessing this arrangement isn't available with the remote lock?
Unfortunately, Leer only offers the two-handle rear door on this particular topper. That's been my only whine about this unit, but I'll live with it.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #1003
Uplander is on a distinguished road
Uplander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PICKSTACOMA View Post
A.R.E. MX series

Looking very nice!
I have an A.R.E MX series with dual sportsman windoors on order for my 2012 DCLB . It's good to see that they look good on the Tacoma.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #1004
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unfortunately, Leer only offers the two-handle rear door on this particular topper. That's been my only whine about this unit, but I'll live with it.

Are they independent? In other words, do they have to both be turned to open the liftgate or will either one do it?
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #1005
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are they independent? In other words, do they have to both be turned to open the liftgate or will either one do it?
Independent. Both have to be unlocked and turned. You can pull it up from one side once they're both unlatched (which I often do), but each is it's own animal.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #1006
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice cap
Old 05-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #1007

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice cap
Right back atcha!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #1008
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Independent. Both have to be unlocked and turned. You can pull it up from one side once they're both unlatched (which I often do), but each is it's own animal.
From a contractor and security perspective I can see that as adding a small level of security, but I can also see that getting might aggravating right quick as well. There appears to be a key hole in each?

Going to have to think on this some more. Thanks for the information.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #1010
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
From a contractor and security perspective I can see that as adding a small level of security, but I can also see that getting might aggravating right quick as well. There appears to be a key hole in each?

Going to have to think on this some more. Thanks for the information.
I don't find it any issue .

The RCC is a badass cap for it's roof rack load rating and something as small as two handles vs one would never talk me out of getting it again
Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #1012
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
A.R.E. "V" series cap with windoors on a 2012 DCSB.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #1013
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm now having some buyer's remorse with my Leer 100R. Nothing about the topper. I love it. Just bought an 8' inflatable pontoon boat and no way will it fit in my truck bed without deflating the pontoons. Now I need a roof rack. Any suggestions on how to retrofit a roof rack on a new 100R or any topper?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #1014

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mind sharing what that whole setup cost you? I'm buying a house and I'm looking at building all my own furniture, and I want a cap that's going to support as much as I can, and that setup looks really nice. Are the towers and rails removable? What's the width of the rack bars end-to-end? Room for a sheet of plywood plus a load stop on each side?
Quote:
I have the same setup at OZ and mine was $2700 and change. I think the only addition I included was the 12V outlets in the back which I would have done myself if I had known just what they were going to use (basic truckstop style splitter). The bars are 66" so there's plenty of space for a full sheet plus load stops. The rails and uprights are removable, but you are left with the little bumps that are mounted directly to the cap. I'm very happy with this topper and if you need one that can haul a lot of weight, I highly recommend it.
Sorry Rob , I missed your post , but everything is as above with the exception that in Canada the cap cost me just over $3000 and I didn't add the 12V outlets .
Old 05-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #1015
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOkie View Post
I'm now having some buyer's remorse with my Leer 100R. Nothing about the topper. I love it. Just bought an 8' inflatable pontoon boat and no way will it fit in my truck bed without deflating the pontoons. Now I need a roof rack. Any suggestions on how to retrofit a roof rack on a new 100R or any topper?
I had an 8' pontoon as well...Ended up that the frame fit perfectly in between my wheel wells..Just deflated the tubes and slid them under the frame and it was good to go...

For shuttling, I had a Yakima roof rack with Ratchet straps..Kept it up there fine.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #1016
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOkie View Post
Yep, it's easy. Yakima makes tracks that you can mount to the shell.

http://www.yakima.com/shop/racksyste...acks60-w-bolts

I used them on my 2002 tacoma and I have them on my new A.R.E.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #1017
cvj451 is on a distinguished road
cvj451's Tacoma Gallery
White 2012 DCSB with 2012 SnugTop Super Sport

White 2012 DCSB with 2012 SnugTop Super Sport

Old 05-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #1018

ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed View Post
Yep, it's easy. Yakima makes tracks that you can mount to the shell.

http://www.yakima.com/shop/racksyste...acks60-w-bolts

I used them on my 2002 tacoma and I have them on my new A.R.E.
Thanks for the replies. Why I like this forum. Question... Any drilling involved? Hate the thought of putting a drill bit into my shiny new topper.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #1019

ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
I had an 8' pontoon as well...Ended up that the frame fit perfectly in between my wheel wells..Just deflated the tubes and slid them under the frame and it was good to go...

For shuttling, I had a Yakima roof rack with Ratchet straps..Kept it up there fine.
I think for the money I'll just deflate the pontoons for now and spend 10 minutes airing them up when I get to the lake. When that becomes too much of a hassle I'll look into the Yakima rack. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #1020
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Here's another A.R.E. MX topper (with dual swing up side doors/slider windows). I've got the Yakama roof rails (custom mounted to spec), and I'll post later with the canoes mounted. :

Products Discussed in this Thread