Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me your shell!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #1381
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
Mine was 2k installed. That was with the sportsman's package and a sliding front window. They certainly don't give them away. I believe the LEER is a little less expensive.
2K installed? thats... good?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1382
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
Mine was 2k installed. That was with the sportsman's package and a sliding front window. They certainly don't give them away. I believe the LEER is a little less expensive, but according their site is rated for 400lbs. With 3 people up there you might want the extra 100lb rating...
400lbs for the LEER 100RCC , correct
Old 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1383
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
In your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
2K installed? thats... good?
It is what it is I suppose. I just didn't want to regret spending 80% of the price on a lesser shell and have something happen with my RTT up there...

Quote:
400lbs for the LEER 100RCC , correct
Yeah, sorry. Thanks for the clarification OZ.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #1385
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Leer 100RCC

This ^^

Old 04-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1386
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
it's just crazy how the nearest dealer is 500 miles away... the gas/shipping spent wouldnt be a wanted expense. Guess i'll wait for one to pop up near myself.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #1387
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my Snugtop Rebel last weekend.

Snugtop Rebel

Keyless entry
Front fold down sliding window
Carpeted interior
12v dome light
Sliding windows w/ screens

$3129 damn island is so expensive.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #1388
cjg is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crypto Maintenance
Name: Chris
cjg's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Leer, came on the truck when I bought it, very nice cap, well made. I also have the A.R.E on my super duty with the walk in rear door that is very nice.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #1389
Upsblaine has a spectacular aura aboutUpsblaine has a spectacular aura about

Name: Blaine
Upsblaine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTech08 View Post
I ordered my Snugtop Rebel last weekend.

Snugtop Rebel

Keyless entry
Front fold down sliding window
Carpeted interior
12v dome light
Sliding windows w/ screens

$3129 damn island is so expensive.
I can't wait to see this ^.. .where did you pick this up from?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #1390
FirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud of

Name: Marc
FirstTracks's Tacoma Gallery
The 07 Access Cab I just purchased came with a Leer 100 series from 2010 and a BedRug. The previous owner sprang for the removable rear window and the awning style side windows, which are really handy if you're loaded up with stuff and have to reach something that's buried in there. I just wish that the former owner had included the optional roof rack mounting tracks too, for I'm stuck using the rain gutters to hold a Yakima rack to carry my kayak.

Fit and finish on the Leer is great and the BedRug rocks. I'm looking forward to getting the whole thing out for a weekend in the Utah desert in the coming weeks.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #1391
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTracks View Post
The 07 Access Cab I just purchased came with a Leer 100 series from 2010 and a BedRug. The previous owner sprang for the removable rear window and the awning style side windows, which are really handy if you're loaded up with stuff and have to reach something that's buried in there. I just wish that the former owner had included the optional roof rack mounting tracks too, for I'm stuck using the rain gutters to hold a Yakima rack to carry my kayak.

Fit and finish on the Leer is great and the BedRug rocks. I'm looking forward to getting the whole thing out for a weekend in the Utah desert in the coming weeks.

Just out of curiosity, do you carry your kayak with no mounts (just strap it down to the roofrack)? I don't use mounts, but get a little nervous without them...
Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #1392
FirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud ofFirstTracks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you carry your kayak with no mounts (just strap it down to the roofrack)? I don't use mounts, but get a little nervous without them...
I haven't until now but I ordered a set of Yakima Hully Rollers and Mako Saddles that arrives today. I'll let you know how it works out. If it was a short whitewater boat I'd be less wary but it's a 15-foot sea kayak.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #1393
lockwire24 is on a distinguished road

Navy: GSM2
Name: Mark
lockwire24's Tacoma Gallery
I finally have mine, it's a leer xr. I built my platform while waiting for delivery.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #1394

Quote:
I haven't until now but I ordered a set of Yakima Hully Rollers and Mako Saddles that arrives today. I'll let you know how it works out. If it was a short whitewater boat I'd be less wary but it's a 15-foot sea kayak.
I just set it up. I didn't strap the boat in - I put the boat up just to adjust the width - but the combination (especially the Mako Saddles) will do a lot to prevent side to side motion. The rollers make it a breeze to get the boat on the roof by myself too - just lay the bow on the tailgate, climb onto the tailgate and lay the bow in the rollers, then walk to the stern, lift and push. This boat weighs around 65 lb., I weigh 145 soaking wet and I wasn't even strained.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #1395
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwire24 View Post
I finally have mine, it's a leer xr. I built my platform while waiting for delivery.

Great looking truck
Old 04-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #1396
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsblaine View Post
I can't wait to see this ^.. .where did you pick this up from?
Aloha Toppers in Pearl City. I'll definitely post pics when I get it installed. ETA is 30 April.

It's very expensive but at the same time it's slightly understandable with the shipping costs out here.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #1397
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aloha Toppers in Pearl City. I'll definitely post pics when I get it installed. ETA is 30 April.

It's very expensive but at the same time it's slightly understandable with the shipping costs out here.
I paid $3K for my cap in Canada
Old 04-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #1398

Quote:
I paid $3K for my cap in Canada
Damn! Why so much in Canada?
Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #1399

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn! Why so much in Canada?
Prices are higher
Old 04-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #1400
tacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud oftacoma4 has much to be proud of
tacoma4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just set it up. I didn't strap the boat in - I put the boat up just to adjust the width - but the combination (especially the Mako Saddles) will do a lot to prevent side to side motion. The rollers make it a breeze to get the boat on the roof by myself too - just lay the bow on the tailgate, climb onto the tailgate and lay the bow in the rollers, then walk to the stern, lift and push. This boat weighs around 65 lb., I weigh 145 soaking wet and I wasn't even strained.

It looks like your shell has slid back about an inch or so...might want to get it snugged back up. Cool setup with the kayak though.

Products Discussed in this Thread