Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me your shell!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #1421
NCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
snugtop rebel
its my 2nd snugtop.. I got the cab hi first.. crappy latching system, and crappy batt powered light that never worked with no carpet.. hated it..
the rebel has the rain gutter so when you open the door all the water doesnt pour into your bed, carpet headliner.. so nice not to get fiberglass in your hair when crawling around, 12v light.. hey, I can now see in the dark!.. and a much better and more secure latching system.. I also got the pet screens and dropdown window for cleaning. I had a leak on both of my snugtops at the back door seal.. both went back and both still leaked.. i solved this buy caulking the seal myself..

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr
TJ, you have a twin apparently. Good looking truck Beav.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #1422
NCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
thank ya man! you as well!
It's starting to take shape. I like how yours and TJ's are built. Simple enough for DD but enough to be able to be taken off road.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #1423
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTacoma View Post
TJ, you have a twin apparently. Good looking truck Beav.
He makes me want 285s though...
Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #1424

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
He makes me want 285s though...
Yea, I can see where you're coming from. They both look great though. Give it a little more beefy look.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #1425
TheGuy is on a distinguished road
TheGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Snugtop XV, with prolock, front folding slider, sliding screens, headliner, LED interior battery light, sportmans package (reinforced roof w/ 500 lbs. loading capacity), yakima roof rack, Bedrug. Just under $3300 installed OTD. The bigger windows are worth it!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #1427
TheGuy is on a distinguished road
TheGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the look of the Snugtop Super Sport and Leer 100XQ, but my dog wouldn't approve! XV all the way!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
I liked the look of the Snugtop Super Sport and Leer 100XQ, but my dog wouldn't approve! XV all the way!

Mine doesn't like the XQ all that much. He's used to the back of the truck and hanging his head over the side. The only reason I got the XQ is because of the deal I got on it. As a matter of fact, if someone had something with sliding windows or the vented flip ups, I would think about trading for it.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #1429
HEAVY WT will become famous soon enoughHEAVY WT will become famous soon enough
Name: Matthew
HEAVY WT's Tacoma Gallery
ARE MX Topper

Here is my new ARE MX topper. I wanted the extra height I could trasport my bikes standing up while being locked and protected from the weather. The windoors are probably the best option on it! Makes loading it so much easier and can still access stuff in the front.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #1430
bendawg62 is on a distinguished road
bendawg62's Tacoma Gallery
White Tacoma DCLB with Leer 100 xl

This is a 2013 Alpine White Tacoma with a Leer 100XL cap
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your shell!-img_3224.jpg   Show me your shell!-img_3228.jpg   Show me your shell!-img_3230.jpg   Show me your shell!-img_3231.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #1431
Madcat207 is on a distinguished road
Madcat207's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVY WT View Post
Here is my new ARE MX topper. I wanted the extra height I could trasport my bikes standing up while being locked and protected from the weather. The windoors are probably the best option on it! Makes loading it so much easier and can still access stuff in the front.

Oh man, that is beautiful.. that is exactly what i have been wanting for my truck (also a DCLB SB)... So jealous.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #1432
kdewit is on a distinguished road
kdewit's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my Snugtop Supersport with the rack and the ProLock tied to my remote. The Yakima rack comes on and off in a minute with the landing pads, nice!
Fold down front window is sweet too.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #1433
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Mine as it currently sits. Utah trip 2 weeks ago. I love the Bestop to hold all my gear inside and keeps it dry.. The rear bumper can take a padlock so it makes it hard to get into the back. Gives me a little security.

Attached Thumbnails
Show me your shell!-utah1.jpg   Show me your shell!-utah2.jpg  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #1434
list2002 is on a distinguished road
list2002's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with an I4 DC Prerunner and a hard shell? Want to get one, but wondering if the weight bogs it down too much. I'm thinking they weigh around 300#'s or something? I am happy with the I4 and does fine even with wife 2 kids and dog inside, but wondering if anyone has noted change in performance or mileage to a noticeable degree. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #1435
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got a picture of silver taco with black shell? Looking at this black shell on craigslist going for $700.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #1436
deepcoma will become famous soon enoughdeepcoma will become famous soon enough

deepcoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine should be arriving this week and I hope I can have it on by the weekend!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #1437
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How are you guys sealing up your toppers?
When mine was installed it they used 1/4" foam and a tailgate seal.
But still leaks in dust pretty bad and water when i wash it.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #1438
Time is precious; use it wisely
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
When I got my shell I asked a lot of questions about how the seal between the shell and the bed rails. My questions were answered with two different methods.
  1. Cap tape
  2. Double Bulb Seal

If you remove your shell periodically, bulb seal is the way to go. It also forms a very good seal. Cap tape is fine if you never take the shell off.

Here are some pics of bulb seal

I specified bulb seal when they installed my shell and they used a 1 gallon can of yellow adhesive shit and a paint brush to apply the adhesive to the shell and then the bulb seal. My shell doesn't leak water and I'm happy with it.

I bought one of those "lund tailgate seal" items from amazon and it seems to work very good.

Dust intrusion is difficult to defend against if your off-road a lot. It's basically a loosing battle. You can plug the big holes but inevitably it will get in.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #1439
CaptQuinn is on a distinguished road

Name: Quinn
CaptQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
My SnugTop Rebel that was installed in March, last week put on Thule Aero-bars. I like!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #1440
deepcoma will become famous soon enoughdeepcoma will become famous soon enough

deepcoma's Tacoma Gallery
Got my new cap on today!! Looks great and the dogs will be happy to be back there.

Products Discussed in this Thread