Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1481
stanhope is on a distinguished road

stanhope's Tacoma Gallery
Leer 100XR

Show me your shell!-photo.jpg
Old 07-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #1482
aguabonita is on a distinguished road
aguabonita's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna order a Snugtop Rebel with the Yakima slider rack system. I was told that reinforcement isn't really necessary unless hauling lumber and stuff. Does that sound about right?

I'll mostly be using it for surfboards and occasionally for a Rocket Box with sleeping bags and pads (nothing too heavy).
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #1483
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguabonita View Post
Gonna order a Snugtop Rebel with the Yakima slider rack system. I was told that reinforcement isn't really necessary unless hauling lumber and stuff. Does that sound about right?

I'll mostly be using it for surfboards and occasionally for a Rocket Box with sleeping bags and pads (nothing too heavy).
I think most racks are good up to about 150 lbs. I have the Dewalt 400 lb rack (Leer 100RCC) and I love it. I bought it primarily for use with an RTT, but it's turned out to be extremely handy for bLowes and HD runs. In fact I'm selling my RTT and moving to a different truck and I plan to buy another of the same shell/rack just because it's so damned handy.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #1484
SAWTulsa is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Sean
SAWTulsa's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting! I am going to save for the exact same thing.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #1485
moelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nice

moelov's Tacoma Gallery
After many missed opportunities and the few that are for sale and Trust me I have been looking on Craigslist every chance I can.
Does anyone know all the models that would fit my 09 AccessCab? Like would a topper from a 98 Ranger or 2000 Nissan fit? or even from an earlier model Tacoma. I just don't see many listed for Tacomas and Im not into paying new prices.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #1486
zonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zonataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moelov View Post
I just don't see many listed for Tacomas and Im not into paying new prices.
I hear ya!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #1487
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could find a deal on one but I don't see that happening anytime soon...

So... I think I've decided on the Leer 100XR. (Quoted $1880 w/tax)

Options are:
-Keyless entry
-carpet lining
-side sliding windows w/pet screens
-front sliding window
-Thule Track

I will be using it primarily in winter for gear and the pooch and will most likely be adding my Thule box to the roof.

Thought about doing the 100RCC because then I have the option of doing a roof top tent but I'm not sure ill ever get it. I also like the keyless entry option and the price point on the XR. Looking to purchase within the next few months for fall and winter. Read through the thread and got some good info. Hopefully I'll be posting up some pics soon!

Please comment on the proposed set-up, what you would change and the price.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #1488
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
I will be using it primarily in winter for gear and the pooch and will most likely be adding my Thule box to the roof.

Thought about doing the 100RCC because then I have the option of doing a roof top tent but I'm not sure ill ever get it. I also like the keyless entry option and the price point on the XR. Looking to purchase within the next few months for fall and winter. Read through the thread and got some good info. Hopefully I'll be posting up some pics soon!

whats the matter? not enough room in your amazingly huge long bed?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #1489
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I wish I could find a deal on one but I don't see that happening anytime soon...

So... I think I've decided on the Leer 100XR. (Quoted $1880 w/tax)

Options are:
-Keyless entry
-carpet lining
-side sliding windows w/pet screens
-front sliding window
-Thule Track

honestly my thoughts are.. get the pet screens.. they will save your real screens from dog paws.. and add extra security as they are plactic coated steel. Also from experience.. dont get the battery powered led light.. it wont ever work.. this time around I did the 12 volt.. and being able to see at night in the back now is kinda nice. Lastly im not sure about the leer.. but make sure whatever cap your getting has a rain gutter.. so that when you open the back glass all of the water doesn't pour into the bed.. that sux.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #1490
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
honestly my thoughts are.. get the pet screens.. they will save your real screens from dog paws.. and add extra security as they are plactic coated steel. Also from experience.. dont get the battery powered led light.. it wont ever work.. this time around I did the 12 volt.. and being able to see at night in the back now is kinda nice. Lastly im not sure about the leer.. but make sure whatever cap your getting has a rain gutter.. so that when you open the back glass all of the water doesn't pour into the bed.. that sux.
Lol ^ (previous post) never gets old!

Yeah I read about the rain gutter but only after I talked to a few dealers. Have to look into that. But all the options I listed are included and what I had priced out. It does come with the 12v and it has the 3rd brake light. Seems like a decent deal and from reading it seems like the right options.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #1491
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Lol ^ (previous post) never gets old!

Yeah I read about the rain gutter but only after I talked to a few dealers. Have to look into that. But all the options I listed are included and what I had priced out. It does come with the 12v and it has the 3rd brake light. Seems like a decent deal and from reading it seems like the right options.

drop down front window is a good one too.. didnt see that listed.. but its the only way to clean the windows between the shell and the truck. Price seems very fair. one thing to think about.. I have read that the leer sliding windows do not line up with the tacoma's.. meaning you cant open the windows and let your dog stick his head in.. dont know if thats changed.. but its one of the reasons I chose snugtop.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #1492
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't get the keyless because I didn't have room for this in my pocket. Maybe they're smaller now. Also would have gotten the grey head liner instead of the black, it's so dark in there even with the light on.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #1493
I'd rather be skiing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
drop down front window is a good one too.. didnt see that listed.. but its the only way to clean the windows between the shell and the truck. Price seems very fair. one thing to think about.. I have read that the leer sliding windows do not line up with the tacoma's.. meaning you cant open the windows and let your dog stick his head in.. dont know if thats changed.. but its one of the reasons I chose snugtop.
Interesting... That's the main reason I wanted the slider. Have to look into that. Thanks

No snugtop dealers this way. ARE and Century are close though. Looked quickly at ARE.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #1494
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
Unfortunately, Leer only offers the two-handle rear door on this particular topper. That's been my only whine about this unit, but I'll live with it.

Digging the sticker on the far left.

Here's my camper shell. It's an Mpulse, came on the truck. Doesn't match, obviously enough, but hey, it works. I took it off shortly after I started driving the truck. Looks so much better without it, and I can fit more scrap metal in the bed without it.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #1495
I'd rather be skiing...

Another thing I forgot to mention/ask was... Has anyone done a lift hoist mount on the roof?

I thought it would be convenient and easy if i had 4 eye bolts attached to the roof so I just pull in the garage, attach it and use my pulleys to raise and lower it. I like the idea for quick and easy changes so if I need to haul stuff (in my huge long bed) I can just pop it off.

Be nice if dealer would offer this so it would be covered under warranty...
Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #1496
Sq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud of
Sq0nk's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my Leer 100XL with the Yakima 54" Track Hardtop Kit with the Hull Raiser Aero carriers. The tracks were cut down to fit the shell.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #1497
blm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blm's Tacoma Gallery
Looked for about a month for a matching cap for my 13. Found a couple caps that would fit (need one for 05-13) but not a color match. Ordered an ARE cap style CX with the roof rack and drop down front window. $1,750.00 plus tax. One caution I would give anyone shopping for a new cap is ask up front about the dealer honoring the coupons offered by the manufacturer. I had a valid $50.00 off coupon from the manufacturer and the dealer wouldn't honor it. Kinda felt like I got the shaft on the deal but if I wanted the cap I had to pay. Would have much rather found a used one that matched my truck. If you buy a new cap and then find out you don't want it you would be lucky to sell at 50% of what you paid for it. Let it get 3 years old or so and you will be selling at 25% of what you paid.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #1498
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
Got my Leer aluminum shell last week. Not the most attractive and not much cheaper than fiberglass. BUT, it only weighs about 75 lbs and I can take it off by myself and store it outside without it getting effed up. I got a 4'x6' recycled rubber doormat from Home Depot for 30 bucks and made a bedliner so the doggies won't slide around back there
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your shell!-7-22-13-026.jpg   Show me your shell!-7-22-13-030.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #1500
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpranger View Post
Leer 100R

I am pretty sure I've seen this truck around ATL a few times. Very nice.

Products Discussed in this Thread