Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wet Okole map pocket mod?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
stubby is on a distinguished road
stubby's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole map pocket mod?

I am about to order a new set of Wet Okoles for my '09 TRD Access Cab. Right now I can fit a couple of Delorme Gazetteer (about 11"by 16") in the stock Toyota map pockets on the seat backs. Judging by the photos I've seen, it doesn't look like the Wet Okole pockets are that big. I was thinking of just cutting a slit in the back of the Wet Okoles at the top of the stock map pockets and getting the edges of the cut hemmed. Then maybe using tape or velcro to hold the edges of the cut seat cover to the seat back to make it look neater.

I figure I'm not the first one who has thought of this, has anyone else done this? Is there any reason it won't work?

Thanks,
Stubby
Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
the fabric is stretched pretty tight. I wouldn't think about purposely cutting mine, but they might be fine if you had some heavy duty velcro.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I had wo map pockets in my tundra only because they got thrown in for free. You are right on about the size being smaller than what you have currently in the seat. Now my tacoma's Wet Okoles have no pockets but I certainly wouldn't want to cut em' for what would stop it from continuing to split? You could take it to an alteration shop who would do the job with a zipper or something. Look in your yellow pages alterations or seamstresses who can work wonders. The money we pay for these covers I would want it to look as good & retain the protectiveness. Just an idea