1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB's for 2011 Tacomas?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RedneckSailor, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Possibly, but the shocks aren't changed on '09 and newer trucks. I can see earlier years that go from the OEM SR5 shock to the TRD Bilsteins.

2. Feb 7, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    Septimius13

Septimius13 Active Member

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab TRD Sport
    so i called customer care today, was one the phone for 30 mins and the woman kept telling me the tsb is an enhancement not covered by warranty. kept stressing the fact that hundreds if not thousands of owners have had it done and she finally read the bottom of it and told me that it would be covered but the dealer would have to confirm the issue.

what a load of shit. wish i bought a frontier already...

3. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    It appears in the TSB that TRD Offroad versions are not included is this correct? I took my 2011 camping this weekend loaded with maybe 400 extra pounds and it felt like I had no shocks at all. I figured I would take it in for the TSB but unless I read it wrong TRD models dont qualify?

4. Feb 21, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    skaterportland

skaterportland Active Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OffRoad DC
    Spraypainted
    2011 TRD DC Off-Road V6, had the rear suspension TSB done without question. Just had to take the truck in to be inspected and they ordered the parts. I really like the feel better than before.

5. Feb 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    trd888

trd888 Well-Known Member

Member:
    talk to service assistant manager last wekend and told me they can order the parts and take two days...hope fully by wenesday i have a call...can't wait...btw i have 2011 2wd prerunner...

6. Feb 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    I took it in today, he said "we will take a look" I'm already dealing with the windshield noise. The TSB is not for 2011's but it is the same problem. They said they will try to figure something out, meaning they cant do a repair unless toyota authorizes it since there is no service bulletine.

7. Feb 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    RedneckSailor

RedneckSailor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Quad-Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    The harsh ride TSB will definately cover a TRD Offroad. That is what I have and all work was free.

And about the rough ride feel...My wife drove my truck to work a few days last week, and she said that she didn't even notice a difference. She usually drives a Charger with a nice smooth ride.

8. Feb 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    trd888

trd888 Well-Known Member

Member:
    well i got phone call to a service manager...he was looking for verification that my taco have some issue on the rear...i told them i need more weight load springs which i used pulling my boat on weekend...is there any other way not to give a hard time?tia...

9. Feb 22, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    I spoke to the service guy earlier as they still are trying to figure out how to not do anything about my windshield noise. He said they were going to load my truck with 500 lbs and drive it to see if I had an issue. I expect him to call me and say everything is fine because that is what dealerships do so I just called and left him a message regarding the TSB so we will see what he says next............. Toyota service is the worst I have ever experienced.

10. Feb 22, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    skaterportland

skaterportland Active Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OffRoad DC
    Spraypainted
    They put a new wiper motor in mine. Much better!

11. Feb 23, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    Dealer called and said no problem on the TSB they will have the parts in tomorrow. As for the windshield noise they still have not come up with a decsion on what they are going to do to fix it. THey know what they need to do they are just tryingto figure out who is going to pay for it. It needs to be authorized by toyota since the tsb is not for my model year. Obviously its been a toyota issue for 6 years now you would think they would figure it out. I wonder if Nissan has all these problems.

12. Feb 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    trd888

trd888 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i got phone call now thru service manager got approved ..they will order my TSB and will get it done nextweek:)...hopefully they are not back order...

13. Feb 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    Ran up to my dealer today as i'm getting close to my 5k checkup and wanted to schedule everything together. Told them:

"I was hauling some junk for my buddy, not much, the truck rode like shit and when I hit the speedbump at his apartment complex it bottomed out at a very slow speed. Oh and my blower motor is squeeking and it's driving me frackin nuts"

He looked up the rear TSB and printed it, and then typed up a thingy for the blower cause he couldn't find the TSB for it and said that they had to look at it quick and order the parts...it wasn't very quick but the parts are ordered.

No real hassle but my dude seemed pretty cool....for a dealer dude

14. Feb 25, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    SNJTacoma11

SNJTacoma11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Runnemede New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Super White
    Rough Country 6" Lift 17" M/T Revolvers 35" Nitto Mud Terrain Cold Air Kit
    Hey Guys....new to the board. I have a 2011 Tacoma DC and just got the TSB done for my truck. My dealer was able to pull up the TSB to see that it came out in Dec of 2010 and my Taco was built in September of 2010. They also check when priniting out saw my engine code on it as well and just ordered the parts and did it. As far as the ride quality....I dont mind it at all. Like others say its a truck. I think its better in my opinion. Just figured id through that out there if it helped any.

15. Feb 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    What engine code are you refering to?

16. Feb 25, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Thing with looking for TSBs is, you're constantly thinking you've got junk waiting to break.

They shouldn't fix your car unless it's broken. Just wait till you hear a noise and take it in on warranty.

I imagine if I were to keep my truck to the end of the warranty I'd check over the TSBs and see if I had any of the problems listed as they give the complaint I need to say. But because there's a TSB does NOT mean there's a problem. It just means there's a way to fix something broken. Usually published due to frequent problems, (saves time in diagnosis) but doesn't mean go screaming back to the dealer and demand your harsh ride springs and blower fan.

17. Feb 25, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    siskiyou blues

siskiyou blues Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Siskiyou, CA
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 DC TRD Off-Road
    If I am planning on filling my bed with firewood would I need to consider this modification? Figure at least 600 pounds. I have not had a chance to fill the bed to max capacity yet but would rather deal with it at my upcoming 5k maintenance if it is something that can improve performance.

18. Feb 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    If you are going to be hauling stuff in your bed I would say go get the new springs. I am glad I did. The 3 leaf pack is not suitable for hauling even half the listed payload if you are driving over anything but the smoothest roads.

My opinion on TSB's is that toyota has aknowledged something is or can be a problem. So if its a problem for you, then go get it fixed. "Broken" means different things to different people.

19. Feb 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    Septimius13

Septimius13 Active Member

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab TRD Sport
    what kind of windshield noise issue are you experiencing?

20. Feb 26, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    Heavy crosswinds or a head on wind the seal around the upper portion of the windshield vibrates making a loud humming noise. The TSB to fix this ended in 2007 however my 2011 has the problem. They already sent it to a glass shop and supposedly they re-sealed it but that did not fix it so they have refered me to to toyota for a remedy.

Products Discussed in

To Top