Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Taco?
Are you kiddin me? I frickin love my Taco! 3,008 66.87%
I like most things about it but there are some things I hate. 1,278 28.41%
Neither here nor there, it's just a truck that I drive. 77 1.71%
I dislike a lot of things about it, but there are a few things about it that I really like. 80 1.78%
Absolute piece of isht, I would never buy another one in a million years. 55 1.22%
Voters: 4498. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
Jbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
Jbizz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
I drive the Tacoma, my wife drives the Subaru.. I'll be honest, the build quality on the Subaru isn't that great. Every time I close the door, I feel like I am going to break it. Road noise is really loud. Decent car, but i am way happier with the Tacoma..
really wat kind? i was lookin into gettin wrx or sti in the future
Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #22
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my '06 in Jan. '06, and now have 62k on it. I love the design, handling, reliability, style...I can't ask for more, and love what I have paid for. I am a few months from paying it off, and now I want to ride it forever. It is still like a new truck to me.

The TRD Sport suspension, with the leaf TSB, is so freaking solid, that I am immune to the annual front end repairs that most New Orleaneans pay for, from the sorry ass potholes and street conditions of this town. Truthfully, you need heavy duty suspension in this town, and this truck is one of the few that is stronger than the streets. I do take good care of it, so its still in great condition. Detailing from the beginning has made a big difference, I think because it breeds good maintenance habits, and you discover and address potential issues through the regular close inspection. It also absorbs less dings when its shiny and clean, and of this I am sure (people are wary of hurting a pristine vehicle).

The only maintenance I have had is preventative (service intervals, oil changes), or expected wear (break pads). That's it: absolutely no engine repairs, drive train repairs, nothing. Toyota definitely earned their money on the extended warranty, because I never had to use it. So my ownership costs have been lower than expected, and my truck looks like a 2011 to this day. The only repair I have had was some body damage in the driver's brake light area, when I backed into a concrete pillar in a parking garage.

In addition, it has one of the best resale values of any vehicle on the market. That is a fact.

Now, a few things bother me. Cabin noise is loud: rain on roof sounds like corrugated metal. Engine noise/fan noise is loud, to the point of scaring people in parking garages, and pissing off cops when you drive next to them (I got a ticket from a cop busting my chops because he thought I was revving it, so he pulled me over for bogus speeding, when I was pacing him at the speed limit).

Also, the rear cleat system is pretty lame: I wish they had the welded metal cleats on the outside of the bed like the old Toyota trucks.

Other than those nitpicks, this truck has been awesome for 5 years, and it looks and rides like your new 2011. I bought a lemon piece of shit Jetta before this truck, and I now feel I have bought a classic in the car industry, and I intend to drive it for a long long time, and I know that it will be there for me whenever I ask of it.

IMO, once again, Toyota has produced the superior truck over its competitors, and its beauty seems to be excellent design, and a bend towards longevity and reliability.

Edit: two other bitches: the steering wheel wobble, and the gas mileage is bullshit. I have gotten use to the poor fuel economy, but I have not gotten used to the perpetual wobble at highway speed, which comes and goes half the time with no rational explanation.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #23
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm obsessed with these damn trucks! And i'm very pleased with mine
Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #24
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
I Have my dream truck. But in saying that, I really wish she had a true mechanical limited slip. That is my ONLY problem with the truck.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #25
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
I love owning the Tac because now I can start looking for a fun two seater to tool around in without worrying about how I am going to pick up Home Depot crap for the house or dump yard waste. Both my brothers just bought early 2000 Vettes..... I'm thinkin smaller, slower....older

I thought the Accord Coupe v6 would cover all angles....but it fell short on the home utilitarian front and as a pretty big car the ride sucked and it was road noisy,,,,.

Thinkin older Z or s2000..or save the money and enjoy the bike......70 degrees is right around the bend,
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #26
Noob
evil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura aboutevil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
evil_umbrellacorp's Tacoma Gallery
Good truck, but what bugs me the most is that deep down I think Toyota could do even better. So many things they could offer either as standard or as options. Like a cold weather package. And oh I don't know, maybe DIESEL ENGINES! Can you imagine how badass these trucks would be with a medium-duty Hino engine like in the old Landbruisers?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #27
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I just wish i had more money to pump into it...
Old 01-27-2011, 01:43 AM   #29
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Love my truck, had it for almost 6 years. Wouldnt trade it for anything, and the best part is its mine!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #30
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Love my truck, had it for almost 6 years. Wouldnt trade it for anything, and the best part is its mine!!!
Mine is almost mine have about couple grand left then it is all modding, Like gears and lockers.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #31
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Mine is almost mine have about couple grand left then it is all modding, Like gears and lockers.
Heck yea i just started doing the big time mods!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #35
McGrubber

Yup its an allpro, I wanna say i paid 850ish for it. I got it bare metal and painted it myself and that is with the shipping.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:45 AM   #38
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like it a lot, I just hope that Toyota improves on the quality of the interiors.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #39
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm lovin my Tacoma!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #40
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
have you had to use it on the trails??
Yea ive used it a little bit deer hunting this year. I got it mainly for the departure and entrance angles and the winch of course. I love the heck out of it.