Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Taco?
Are you kiddin me? I frickin love my Taco! 3,009 66.87%
I like most things about it but there are some things I hate. 1,279 28.42%
Neither here nor there, it's just a truck that I drive. 77 1.71%
I dislike a lot of things about it, but there are a few things about it that I really like. 80 1.78%
Absolute piece of isht, I would never buy another one in a million years. 55 1.22%
Voters: 4500. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #861
Book is on a distinguished road

Book's Tacoma Gallery
My 1st truck and I love it. Have had several Toyo cars, but this truck is awesome. Have truck, will travel.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #862
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Taco! I would've preferred something a little newer than my '03, but I dislike the bulkiness of the 2nd gen. BRING ON THE 3RD GEN ALREADY!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #863
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not going to vote.

I had a 2003 Tacoma 4wd, Xtracab TRD and loved the shit out of the truck. Went to a 2005 Tacoma TRD Double Cab 6spd and kinda liked it. The 2nd gen felt weak in structure and even my wife commented that she felt the Tacoma would fold in half... Traded it in for a FJC and really enjoyed it until we realized our son hated the thing.

So as of now I'm back in a 1st gen Tacoma, a TE 4Runner and the Wife rolls around in a Tundra. Doubt I'll find myself in a current gen Tacoma... ever...
Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #864
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
I'm not going to vote.

I had a 2003 Tacoma 4wd, Xtracab TRD and loved the shit out of the truck. Went to a 2005 Tacoma TRD Double Cab 6spd and kinda liked it. The 2nd gen felt weak in structure and even my wife commented that she felt the Tacoma would fold in half... Traded it in for a FJC and really enjoyed it until we realized our son hated the thing.

So as of now I'm back in a 1st gen Tacoma, a TE 4Runner and the Wife rolls around in a Tundra. Doubt I'll find myself in a current gen Tacoma... ever...
I agree with you 100%. The new ones look good but the build materials lack. Like the dash sounds thin. Smack your skull off a first gen dash and good night don't let the bed bugs bite.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #865
bajatacoguy will become famous soon enoughbajatacoguy will become famous soon enough

Name: Lomas
bajatacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
i switched from taco to tundra RW for 2yrs (still had a taco beater to save miles on RW) now I love being back in my taco.

from a 4x taco owner
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #866
gatnilab will become famous soon enoughgatnilab will become famous soon enough

Name: Patrick
gatnilab's Tacoma Gallery
I love my tacoma and my grandfather always told me that, If you take care of her, she will take care of you.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #867
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
I am on Tacoma #3 and in a few more years I will have #4..
Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #868
AlpineTaco is on a distinguished road
AlpineTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Tacoma!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #869
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
I love my truck, but i really wish i would have gone 4x4

thats all i dislike
OK, now I love my Rig

04 DC 3.4 4x4...see what i did there
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?-grill-guard.jpg   Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?-sil-taco.jpg   Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?-pc-rockin.jpg   Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?-silv-mudder.jpg   Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?-mudr.jpg  

Old 07-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #870
Seacat3011 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Seacat3011's Tacoma Gallery
I love my truck but there is some things i would change about it. The intermittent wipers could have more speed settings. Rearview mirror could be mounted higher but other than that its awesome.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #871
Alexfiggy is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal MALS 39 ord 3 maw
Name: Alex
Alexfiggy's Tacoma Gallery
I like my taco but let's be real ! It's a lightly duty pick up!
It's not the best 4x4 in the world !
It's not a Baja race truck!
It's just the best truck in its class and at this point there are only 2 trucks in that class !
Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #873
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexfiggy View Post
I like my taco but let's be real ! It's a lightly duty pick up!
It's not the best 4x4 in the world !
It's not a Baja race truck!
It's just the best truck in its class and at this point there are only 2 trucks in that class !
You bastard.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #874
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Are you kiddin me? I frickin love my Taco!

Are you kiddin me? I frickin love my Taco!
That's how I voted.

When I first bought it, I didn't like how low to the ground it was; and how small the tires were. So I fixed that.

Fuel mileage sucks - half of what my Corolla gets.
BUT I DON'T CARE - because I love my Tacoma!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #875
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
!
^^ ha.. i was thinking the same thing. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #876
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
You bastard.
Lol
Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #877
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
You bastard.
Well I find that insulting! I know who my father is! Now go off into wild and damage your truck doing something dumb!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #878
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexfiggy View Post
Well I find that insulting! I know who my father is! Now go off into wild and damage your truck doing something dumb!
I can't. I bought the PreRunner!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #879
Then man up and get a 4x4! I have 2.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #880
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
First truck, i'm in love with my 95 tacoma! Probably ball like a baby if anything happened to it, i have instant response, in every turn, in everything.. BEST TRUCK EVER.