Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Taco?
Are you kiddin me? I frickin love my Taco! 3,009 66.87%
I like most things about it but there are some things I hate. 1,279 28.42%
Neither here nor there, it's just a truck that I drive. 77 1.71%
I dislike a lot of things about it, but there are a few things about it that I really like. 80 1.78%
Absolute piece of isht, I would never buy another one in a million years. 55 1.22%
Voters: 4500. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: Are you happy with your Tacoma?

I'm sure a million threads like this already exist, but in general, are you pleased or displeased with your Tacoma?

I know a lot of us love our trucks to death, but I have also read a number of posts of people who are not happy with their Tacos for one reason or another.

So where do you stand?

P.s. this poll applies to both 1st and 2nd gen owners.......

Old 01-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
If my truck was totaled or stolen i would buy the same thing.not to many options for midsize pickups.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
My heart breaks if my baby gets damaged in any way

OF COURSE I LOVE MY TACOMA!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I love it but I'm not happy with my overall choice of vehicle. I wish I went with a FJ or sports car instead.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
TallyCast is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Retired Fire Chief
Name: Dave
TallyCast's Tacoma Gallery
I'm shopping for a replacement taco. My current 1999 has almost 170K on it.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
I am happy with mine thus far
Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck. I picked option one because there are a few things I would "change", not "hate".
Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Taco Truck Noob
Jefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jefenator's Tacoma Gallery
I'll tell you after 100 000 miles...
Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
Mmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shedMmelaney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mmelaney's Tacoma Gallery
I love the truck...... BUT

Loud fan, loud wiper motor, weird ticking engine, axle wrap.....

BUT I love it
Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Jbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
Jbizz's Tacoma Gallery
i love it so much but ive always wanted a subaru so hopefully ill get one in the next few years
Old 01-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
Taco Virgin
dragon129 is on a distinguished road

dragon129's Tacoma Gallery
All in all, the truck's great. Hell, even the squirrels like it so much one decided to climb into the engine compartment and chew through a fuel line and gnaw on a few wires while he was there. Luckily, as soon as I started it up, the ABS light stared at me and I smelled the gas so it ran for about 5 seconds before I shut it down. That could have been disastrous.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
If my truck only knew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY0HCKOmrW0
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #13
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbizz View Post
i love it so much but ive always wanted a subaru so hopefully ill get one in the next few years
I drive the Tacoma, my wife drives the Subaru.. I'll be honest, the build quality on the Subaru isn't that great. Every time I close the door, I feel like I am going to break it. Road noise is really loud. Decent car, but i am way happier with the Tacoma..
Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
kprstaco is on a distinguished road

kprstaco's Tacoma Gallery
First truck I've ever owned, and only had it about 2 months now. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

Was looking at Mitsubishi Evolution, but then I couldn't fit my bikes in the back. Maybe some day.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #16
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I love it! except for the stupid Front Diff. growling/vibe! Its soo annoying!
Should here from toyota tomorrow though...
Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #17
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
I love it! except for the stupid Front Diff. growling/vibe! Its soo annoying!
Yes, my thoughts exactly. If it wasn't for the front diff vibes I would be 100% happy (well, and if it got better mpg too).
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
Lebber32 is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
Lebber32's Tacoma Gallery
I like my truck alot but it could be a whole hell of alot better. V8s get the same or better mileage......REALLY!!! The truck is awesome looking but drive quality is average, road noise sucks.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #19
intrudn86 is on a distinguished road

intrudn86's Tacoma Gallery
Love it! It's my third Toyota Truck and I would never buy anything but another Toy. First one I drove it 265000, second one had 190000... and I've now got 67000 on this one. Gonna run it into the ground and get another.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
80k miles later and I LOVE my truck,,,