1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: Custom Fuel Tank/Tool Box Combo

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DirtyDawg, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jan 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    [​IMG] Transfer Tanks Combo

Fully baffled, all aluminum tank that will not rust. Made of .125 aluminum. Recommended for construction and agricultural use.

CuFt Standard: 7
    Gal. Capacity: 50 StandardProduct Code:TT-50-COMBOUPC Code:03510DeepProduct Code:N/AUPC Code:N/A[​IMG]A =
    D =
    G =
    36 "
    24 "
    8 "

:annoyed::p

2. Jan 29, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DC Long Bed
    TRD Supercharger, URD CAT Back delete with headers and stainless exhaust
    This is my exact intention....except I want it custom built to fit the Tacoma long bed.

3. Jan 29, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    :eek: I had no idea they made those.

4. Jan 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    Lol they have a full line of tacoma boxes and tanks

5. Jan 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    I'm going to approach Transfer Flow and RDS Mfg and ask them to design a custom fit combo. They ask for a minimum order of 10...so, I'm going to ask for the design & cost. Maybe then, I can get 10 people together to purchase.

Thanks!

6. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    Since I'm getting limited interest on this forum, would it be too much to ask for a senior member, that also frequents other Toyota dedicated forums, to post a link or start a thread on those "other" websites and direct their members to this thread if their is interest?? Thank you!!

I'm really surprised that more Taco owners wouldn't jump at the opportunity for a gas/tool combo. Just think how convenient it would be to refuel bikes, atv's, 4-wheelers, etc. Not to mention the comfort of added fuel in case of crisis or fuel shortage during a natural disaster (quake, tornado, snow storm, etc).

7. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    hmmmmm Good Idea!!!! I thought of this too awhile back but found nothing on the idea and dropped it. Good Luck!

8. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail
    LED light swap, TRD wheels, KO2s, C4Fab lo-pro
    they will tax you on anything! and i check the sticker..its a every other year.

9. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    musty40

musty40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR
    DirtyDawg,

What volume would you be looking for? Still thinking 25 gallons?

10. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    Yes, between 20 & 30 gallons would be ideal. I've sent a request to Transfer Flow & RDS....I'll let them design it to fit. I would prefer the top of the tool box lid to set flush with the bed rail. That's the design I'm going to request. I'd prefer it not resting on the top of the bed rail.

11. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Post up their reply whan you get it , this seems interesting . Not sure if the legallity of it crosses the border though .

12. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    Both of the companies that I have contacted currently manufacture and sell gasoline tank/tool box combos for other vehicles...just not one specifically for the Tacoma. I'm hoping my request will spur production.

13. Jan 31, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Like so?

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=810090#post810090

Not a dedicated forum but there is a decent following of Tacoma owners over there and they are certainly the ones that would be in the market for such a thing.

14. Jan 31, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Jason!!! The more interest we can garner, the more likely we can get a good design at an affordable price.

I live in Tulsa, OK and we are expecting an "epic" snowstorm beginning at midnight tonight. Forecasters predict 12" to 18" of snow for Northeast Oklahoma!! This is unheard of!! This damn global warming crap is about to freeze my carwash (Dirty Dawg Carwash) into one big icicle!! We are expecting NEGATIVE (below 0F) temps!!! Anyways, I never let my Taco get below 1/2 tank..so after work this evening every gas station was packed. I pulled into my neighborhood QuikTrip and I waited for 30 minutes to fill up!!!!! Stupid!! I was sure wishing I had extra fuel onboard so I wouldn't have to worry about a possible fuel shortage. NE oklahoma will shut down for the next week because of this storm. Fuel & food will be a problem for anyone that did not prepare.

15. Jan 31, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Looking into getting a toolbox for awhile, but this wpuld be great, because I always keep a jerry can in the truck, and don't really have enough to totally fill a toolbox so this would be a great way to utilize space!

16. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    musty40

musty40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR
    Spreading the word on TTORA (post #21): and a new thread on TTORA: Alan

17. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Alan!! DD

Anyone able to post on Toyota Nation?? :)

18. Feb 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    Bumping this up!

I have e-mailed Transfer Flow & RDS Manufacturing a request to design & build a custom tank for the Long Bed Tacoma. As soon as I get a response, I will let everyone know. Here in Owasso, OK we received 21" of snow this last week....4" to 7" predicted in the next few days. Some gasoline stations have ran out of fuel....not to mention the grocery stores are out of "staple" foods. I never let my gas tank get below 1/2 tank...but it would sure be comforting to that the insurance of an extra 20 gallons of fuel...just in case. The UN-preparedness of the general population amazes me. Families with small children running out of food, milk, juice, etc for their children. Does nobody think about departure from fairy-tale land??

19. Feb 5, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Another route could be those flat fuel cans that are meant for the racks of atvs and such. I think one or two of those would fit under my bed box. That can't be good that they are running out of gas :eek:. Do you guys have any extra at home?

20. Feb 5, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    DirtyDawg

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    Absolutely! I keep extra fuel & food on hand for situations like we are experiencing. Everyone should take responsibility and do this as well....instead of getting on TV and begging "where's the government to come help me?" It's a serious situation, but I do not feel sorry for anyone that is unprepared for a couple of days of inconvenience. Natural disasters are a different story if/when your residence is swept away in a tornado or flood. But this is just some snow that has everyone camped out at home till the roads can be cleared next Thursday or Friday. I refer to the the unprepared folks always begging for government to solve their problems as "sheeple".

Products Discussed in

To Top