Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wait for TRD offroad or get trd sport?

Old 01-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Wait for TRD offroad or get trd sport?

So for 30,719 plus fees I have to wait 2-4 months for the truck or I can get this

2011 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab, 4.0 Liter/6-Cylinder engine, 5-Speed Automatic OD transmission (model #7594), Stock #95381. In addition to the standard features (go to http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/features.html for that information), Toyota built/added the following features to this vehicle before delivery to the dealership:
202 Black
CF Carpet Floor Mats & Door Sill Protector
PQ TRD Sport EV Pkg w/JBL Audio: Sport Suspension w/Bilstein Shocks; 17" Alloy Wheels w/P265/65R17 Tires; Hood Scoop; Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Door Handles/Overfenders; Smoked Headlamp Trim; Sliding Rear Window w/Privacy Glass; 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint; Fog Lamps; Remote Keyless Entry; Cruise Control; Variable Speed Wipers; Overhead Console w/Compass & Temperature Gauge; Sport Seats w/Driver Lumbar Support; Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (Passenger Fold Flat Feature Delete); Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim; Leather-Wrapped Shifter; Dual Sunvisors w/Mirrors & Extenders; Backup Camera Linked w/Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Monitor; TRD Sport Graphics plus JBL Audio w/AM/FM 6-disc CD changer; MP3/WMA capability; 6 Speakers & Subwoofer; Auxiliary; Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel w/Audio & Bluetooth Control; Bluetooth; & XM Radio (Includes 90-day Trial Subscription)
RL Daytime Running Lights
TO V6 Tow Pkg: Class 4 Hitch; Transmission & Supplemental Oil Coolers; 130A Alternator; Heavy Duty Battery; 7-Pin Connector w/Converter
2) The Normal retail (MSRP) for this vehicle is $32,159.00.
3) The factory invoice is $29,754.00.

FOR $28,644.00

So wait 4 months to get A-trac or throw the 1800 into front and rear lockers and get a truck with more options?

Opinions?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Ex STi enthusiast www.iwsti.com
Aod will become famous soon enoughAod will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: B.
Aod's Tacoma Gallery
Get the 4x4 sport........unless you plan on climbing the Eiffel tower while it's sinking and need a locker.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
o-r, imho worth the wait.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'd would get the offroad because I don't want to void the warranty with an aftermarket locker
Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
trdsport22 is on a distinguished road
trdsport22's Tacoma Gallery
depends on what you want to do and if you want to do it bad enough that it warrants the extra $$$
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not concerned really about the extra money, the truck they have is better equipped than the one I have to wait for 4 months for is minus of course the rear locker and the a-trac but can't I get a trd locker installed in the rear anyway so then its just a matter of A-trac or am I missing something?

I feel like I'm waiting 4 months just to get A-TRAC right? seems kind of pointless.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #9

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to beat the shit out of the truck offroad if that helps.

So I want the rear locker but I see no reason I can't install one.

So unless I'm not seeing something I'm waiting 4 months and paying another 1000 bucks for A-TRAC.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Are there no other dealers in driving distance with an 11 TRD OR in the color combination you want?

Or are there other options that is making it difficult? Just wondering.

Either Toyota has slowed production, or the demand is super high.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Get the 4x4 sport

No A-TRAC comments here please
Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you want the offroad then wait for it. My friend wanted it but settled for the sport. Now he regrets it every day.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If you want the offroad then wait for it. My friend wanted it but settled for the sport. Now he regrets it every day.

why?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
why?
He wanted the features of that come with the offroad.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #15

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm being told by two different dealers that I can order one but there is none available within 3 state of me.

So aside from the rear locker which I'm assuming I can add what am I missing by going with a sport? I dont care about hill assist and is A-TRAc worth 4 months?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #16

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well if he is going to wait for the OR, might as well wait for the 2012
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Well if he is going to wait for the OR, might as well wait for the 2012
Yeah but no one knows if there will be any changes in 2012. We are all just guessing that there will be changes in 2012.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #18

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah but know one knows if there will be any changes in 2012. We are all just guessing that there will be changes in 2012.

No mames guey!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
I'm not concerned really about the extra money, the truck they have is better equipped than the one I have to wait for 4 months for is minus of course the rear locker and the a-trac but can't I get a trd locker installed in the rear anyway so then its just a matter of A-trac or am I missing something?

I feel like I'm waiting 4 months just to get A-TRAC right? seems kind of pointless.
I think that if your not concerd with the cost of addingthe after market locker, it all comes down to would you ever use the A-track. I might be wrong but I thought A-track only for use in 4Lo.

The OR does come with a few more things though, Hill Decent, Skids plates... not sure how good the skid plates are, but Hill Decent is this also only in 4lo?

If you can handle the cost of adding the locker, you would probly add better skids plates.

I have a Sport, it does exactly what I need.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #20
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest you get what you want then even if there's a wait. You won't be happy if you settle. I have a sport now but I had an OR and I didn't really want to wheel a $32K truck so I'm currently keeping an eye out for a single cab 4x4 OR 1st gen.