Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suspension - Tires and Wheels questions...

Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension - Tires and Wheels questions...

I know what I want to do with my 2010 4x4 access cab but wanted to run this by the ones who have been there and done that to get your input please.

First off I am running the stock suspension (no TRD) with factory wheels and tires 245/75/R16.

1- I already have an appointment for the rear leaf spring TSB next week.
2-Shocks... Plan to upgrade to Bilstein 5100's front and rear, setting the front at +1.75 is the plan.
3- Wheels... Looking at a set of 16x8 w/ 4.5in backspace Chrome Helos
4- Tires.... BFG A/T 265/75/R16

Could anyone tell me if I will run into any clearance/tire rub issues?? Is there anything I should do different??

Any advice/input is much appreciated,

TIA,
Dave
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you did your homework, sounds like a good setup to me. you wont have any clearence issues with that wheel/tire combo.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Everything looks pretty good. Except those rims will be pushing it for that width of tire, but as long as you don't air down much then you will be fine, thats is if you offroad and or air down when you go.

Happy moding days.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Everything looks pretty good. Except those rims will be pushing it for that width of tire, but as long as you don't air down much then you will be fine, thats is if you offroad and or air down when you go.

Happy moding days.
i have the same size wheels/tires and never had any probs when airing down to 15psi for sand
Old 01-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
i have the same size wheels/tires and never had any probs when airing down to 15psi for sand
I should of specified. I ment for harder surfaces like rocks. I usually do more slow speed stuff like rock crawling. Thats what I was referring to. In sand you will have no problem, because of the lack of resistance compared to the other.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good...I shouldn't need to air down. The only off road driving will be on the beach. Prolly don't even need 4wd but will at least lock it in there once in a while to spin the gears. May need the extra meat at the steep/slick nasty boat ramp now and then.
Isaac, Your setup looks good....just what I'm looking for. I hope to have this all done in the next couple of weeks. Pics coming soon!!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #7

^ thanks bro! keep us posted