Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed shifted to the right?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
phantomdjx is on a distinguished road
phantomdjx's Tacoma Gallery
Bed shifted to the right?

So i was looking at the back of my truck today and noticed the bed looked like it is shifted to the right. Here's what i mean, if you look down the right side from tail gate everything looks pretty straight from the bed to the cab. If you go to the left side it looks like the bed is moved right somewhat so u can see the cab sticking out compared to the bed. Is this a common thing?

Well I guess i can't spell question!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
It just seems that way because you are only wearing one shoe.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
phantomdjx is on a distinguished road
phantomdjx's Tacoma Gallery
Would somebody go look for me. I was rear ended in a brand new truck so i'm worried the panel on the left side is jacked up. The composite bed looks fine though. It's just sickening right now.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomdjx View Post
Would somebody go look for me. I was rear ended in a brand new truck so i'm worried the panel on the left side is jacked up. The composite bed looks fine though.
may need to see if there are shims under the bed.....maybe one of them is up farther than the other side.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Could be your bed is a little crooked. Not a big deal to fix yourself, but you should have a warranty on the repair from the shop that did the work. Take it back to them, and let them fix it.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomdjx View Post
Would somebody go look for me. I was rear ended in a brand new truck so i'm worried the panel on the left side is jacked up. The composite bed looks fine though. It's just sickening right now.
I would assume this is covered under insurance? Did you have the truck looked at by an Adjuster yet?

Mention this (and everything else you notice that is 'weird') to the Adjuster when he looks at your truck.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #7
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have sold truck caps and accessories for 10yrs. I have seen many trucks, in all makes come off the new car lot this way. It is very common to all pickups some much worse then others.