1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Under Toyota Certified Used Vehicles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Drunknsloth, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Feb 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Good deal .

2. Feb 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Any idea what the difference between these shocks and the stock shocks are?
    kdk_1132_e7ff6109727f46d668a97c244c77f8bae1c0b174.jpg

3. Feb 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    A TSB does NOT pre-suppose a warranty. It is simply a way to fix a problem. A new page in the shop manual, maybe a new part, maybe a new way of diagnosing or repairing. Having a warranty does not change the fact that a failed part can be fixed using the proper method spelled out in a TSB.

Your question is, do you have a warranty on a toyota certified used vehicle. I don't know that. Apparently yes.

4. Feb 20, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    reynosa1

reynosa1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    watertown sd
    Vehicle:
    tacoma sr5
    magnaflow,trd air filter, and bilstien shocks and springs
    well i am not expert but they look like the stock shocks .

5. Feb 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Many of the TSB's DO pre-suppose the warranty...or more accurately- They require the factory 3yr/36K warranty for the repair to be done for free.

You are right in saying that anyone can get an TSB done at any time they'd like...but outside the factory warranty period- It shouldn't come as a surprise that the TMC makes the consumer pay.

And at nearly 1600 bones of "cost" for the TSB parts/labor...It's not worth it.

6. Feb 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    That's what I thought, but the people at the dealer said they had to replace the shocks since mine was not a TRD package

7. Jun 6, 2014 at 5:01 AM
    Mr Souc

Mr Souc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Topsham Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    - TacoME Satoshi - Hella Supertones - TRD front skid plate - TRD CAI - TRD cat-back exhaust - TRD short throw shifter - TRD 6 speed ball knob - Baja Soft 8 16" wheels - 285/75/16 BFG T/A KO2s - Pioneer AVH-P2400BT - OEM roof rack - Thule Aero roof rack - TSB Add-A-Leaf - 1" Level spacer up front - 5100s front & rear - Eibach 620lb coils - Toytec 2" add-a-leaf - Plasti-Dip bumper, badges, & roof
    Thought I would chime in, just had the TSB for the harsh ride performed yesterday at my local dealer.

My truck (2011 DC TRD Off Road) had 54k when I brought it in clearly outside the 36k/3 year warranty indicated on the TSB. The truck was a Certified Pre-Owned Toyota when I bought it last fall at the very same dealership and that qualified it for the 100k/7 year warranty which I also purchased along with the truck.

After experiencing a soft and weak ride in the rear of my truck and bottoming out quite often even with a light load (towing our pop up camper would cause the ass-end to hit the bump stops) I made an appointment and brought it in to have the rear end looked at with the hopes of the TSB fix and they approved it with no questions or hassles. They ordered parts and performed the work yesterday all at no cost to me. It was a positive experience at a dealership and best of all, my wallet didn't take a hit!

I would say it helps to do your research and print the TSB out ahead of time to bring in with you if you are contemplating approaching a dealership for this fix. Also, talk to the service department where you bought your truck first. If they want to truly "earn you as a customer" they should take care of you. Be polite and courteous and remain civil even if you don’t get the results you hope for.

In my experience a civility seems to go a long way these days!

Products Discussed in

To Top