Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB Under Toyota Certified Used Vehicles

Old 01-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
PeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud of

PeteH's Tacoma Gallery
How long have you owned the truck?
The Toyota CPO plan has a 3 month 3,000 mile comprehensive warranty that should cover TSB's. I am having the heater blower motor and the air intake rattle TSB's fixed under the CPO comprehensive warranty
Old 01-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Mine is certified used and the 30k still applied.... if you just got the truck, its worth a shot if you're over though. Every stealership is different.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Can I still get the TSB leaf springs or any other TSB's under the Toyota Certified Used Vehicles and the factory warrenty has already expired?
A TSB is just a documented method for correcting common problems with vehicles. I don't see why the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle warranty wouldn't cover costs of repairing problems. If it doesn't it's not much of a warranty and more of a close-the-sale gimmick.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywh1 View Post
A TSB is just a documented method for correcting common problems with vehicles. I don't see why the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle warranty wouldn't cover costs of repairing problems. If it doesn't it's not much of a warranty and more of a close-the-sale gimmick.
It won't cover it in those cases because you have to read the TSB. The TSB in this instance is to deal with a customer complain on a "harsh ride" with a loaded bed. There's nothing in there that says there's actually anything wrong with the truck. Heavier load and it bounced/rode on the bump stops...making it a "harsh ride." But as far as this being a problem, it can handle the load on the bump stops. So the TSB is to, in essence, make the customer happier with their purchase. Thus, they're not going to change out parts to make a customer happy just because they complained about something. That's just part of the things they do during the factory warranty. It's no different than the fact they'll adjust the timing on how long the Auto headlights stay on after the vehicle is shut off for free during the original warranty. Try that after the warranty and they'll charge you. Essentially, extended warranties are only there to fix something that is broken, not please the customer.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
I...Essentially, extended warranties are only there to fix something that is broken, not please the customer.
So you agree...it's not much of a warranty.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywh1 View Post
So you agree...it's not much of a warranty.
I wholeheartedly agree with you! That's why I don't buy them. If something goes wrong, they don't cover it anyway.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Can I still get the TSB leaf springs or any other TSB's under the Toyota Certified Used Vehicles and the factory warrenty has already expired?
No .... But you can buy an extra leaf yourself for your used truck. If your truck is broken, your extended warranty will fix it. If your used truck didn't have enough leaf springs when you bought it, you should have passed on it. An AAL from Wheelers isn't that expensive.

Cheers.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticDave View Post
Disagree.. I had the 3 mon/3000 comp warranty and I just got the rear TSB done. I am the second owner and mine is an 07. I told them I was bottoming out,which I was and that the comp warranty they gave me is bumper to bumper.Without much resistance they agreed
How did you like the ride?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Absolutely hated it on the ride home. lol I was spoiled with the cushy ride compared to my 1 ton and was pissed when it started to feel like it. Now a couple days into it its great,handles good feels better. Just ordered bili 5100s to level it out.
I know , I read / posted in your rant.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
Middle-Aged Member

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Disagree.. I had the 3 mon/3000 comp warranty and I just got the rear TSB done. I am the second owner and mine is an 07. I told them I was bottoming out,which I was and that the comp warranty they gave me is bumper to bumper.Without much resistance they agreed
That's not the extended warranty we're talking about. You were still running on their extension of the factory warranty, not a purchased extended where they exclude tons of items.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
dpernisie is on a distinguished road
dpernisie's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Leafspring TSB under Extended Warranty

After finding a really helpful service rep at the dealership here in Wellesley, MA I have successfully navigated to getting my rear TSB done on my 06 TRD Off-Road DC (62,xxx) fully covered under my extended warranty. In fact I am driving a loaner (also covered) today as the work gets done right now...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #15
kar1025 is on a distinguished road
kar1025's Tacoma Gallery
the certified waranty is powertrain. rear springs are not part powertrain. you should have bought the wrap around with the certified to cover the whole vehicle
Old 02-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #16
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
The Certified Comprehensive warranty is for 3 months or 3,000 miles which means "Bumper to Bumper" from the day you bought it used, but the dealer told me it doesn't cover the bumpers... The Certified Powertrain warranty is 7 years or 100,000 miles from the day it was originally sold. Both come with it when you by certified
Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
IMO "Certified" is a way to squeeze another grand out of the buyer. Better off buying a non certified and paying for the discounted wrap by someone like Troy if one is worried. Those things work for broken items like power windows....CELS. etc. But there may still be a "diagnostic" fee. No dealer can look at a car and decide it will last 100K or or not on the drive train. The only time they cannot certify a car is when TWO panels have been replaced or multiple owners. You find certified cars with accidents on Carfax all the time. The dealer here had one. "certified" and a complete mess.
People don't keep their vehicles long enough for Toyota to have to pay up.

I asked the dealer to dump me the "certification" on my wife's RAV for a better price and they did so. It was about $600 more in the F&I office where I asked them to keep the Certification. I could have bought a Service Contract for a longer term that covered more with the savings but decided against it after a year. I like to "play with the house" on these things.

I will decide on my truck in December when the factory warranty expires. If I have no issues I will pass. 60K drive train is good enough. I don't much mre than 6000 miles a year on it anyway.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #18
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I took my truck in on Saturday to a local Toyota dealer. They were way chill. They had the TSB leaf springs in stock but no TRD shocks which they claimed were needed for the TSB. They told me they would let me know when they get the shocks in and do the TSB for me. I made sure that it was covered under the warranty so nothing is coming out of my pocket. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #19

UPDATE: The dealership actually did it! No cost to me at all. It took them about 5 hours. This was only under the 3 month 3000 mile Comprehensive Toyota Certified Used Vehicles Warranty. They replaced my leaf springs with the TSB leaf springs, the shocks (still not sure if they are TRD), the U-bolts and my bump stops. Before I use to hit my bump stops everytime I hit a dip or a bump. Now I have yet to hit my new bump stops.