Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Steelies??

Old 01-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Steelies??

Hey guys, I'm looking to get some inexpensive black wheels for my 06 trd offroad 4x4.

It is unlifted and i'm running 265/75r16 yokohama geolander at/s tires. GREAT tires by the way. Handle a foot of snow with absolutely no problems.

Anyway, I just want a few suggestions for 16" black steel wheels that will fit on the truck without brake caliper problems and whatnot. I dont know much about wheels so any help is appreciated!

I know procomp, cragar, and wheelers offroad have wheels, but which to go with? Any experience with these? any pictures? prices? Haha help a man out.

Thanks guys and girls!!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
I know that Pro Comp steelies and Black Rock steelies will not fit any 05+ Tacomas. I received emails directly from both manufacturers stating this.
Awesome, thanks for the info. That saves me a lot of time then.

I'll probably end up with the wheeler's though i've heard that shipping costs are pricey as well as the fact that they are really heavy.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Ever think about FJ Cruiser steelies? extremely cheap and look good.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a Les Schwab dealer and check with them. I got a set of black take-off Toyota stock steelies in 17" for $49.95 per wheel. I don't know where they get them, but they're in their catalog. Says Toyota right on them. I suspect they buy them wholesale from Toyota when they take them off at the port of entry and put on alloys. I don't know about 16" wheels - whether there are Toyota 16" steelies or not, but it's worth a check.

I got the 17s for my FJ Cruiser and put the FJ alloys on my Tacoma. Nice, because the FJ wheels (and the steel take-offs) are almost an inch more reversed, so you get nearly a 2" wider track.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
AYYYYYYYYYYYY

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh nice! Thanks for the suggestions!

I've thought about the FJ steelies forsure, I think they look good and very simple. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

But they are 17s only as far as I know and I JUST bought a set of new 16" tires, so that's a no go. I'll give that place a call and see if they have any 16" steelies that would work on the Tacoma. That would be awesome/inexpensive.