1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Name That Tune...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OffroadToy, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    The other day out wheeling the truck made a sound I've never heard before. It sounded like a telphone dial tone comeing from the radio but the radio wasn't on. It lasted maybe 3 seconds. I was in 4h going around 15mph on a fairly smooth dirt/gravel road. It didn't sound like the usual bells and whistles the trucks accessories make...this was more of a tone sound like the sound you might hear when an elevator reaches a certain floor. I've never heard it before or after. Anyone got an idea what it was? :confused:

2. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    Just a guess, but did you have a cell phone with bluetooth turned on near your radio?

I know that phones send out a signal every so often searching for bluetooth devices. If the phone is near your radio, it does make a similar sound as you describe.

GA

3. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Maybe a warning alarm or sound. Maybe Traction Control?

4. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    OffroadToy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    That could explain it. I don't own a cell phone (I hear you laughing) but did borrow one that day. I'm old school and don't have a clue if it had bluetooth (whatever that is.) Do cell phones make a tone if the battery is low or when it's fully charged even if they're not actually turned on? I can't remember if I had it plugged in to charge when this happened or if it was just sitting in the cup holder. I can count the times I've used a cell phone on one hand and not really up on the noises they make.

5. Jan 31, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    I guess it could have been the phone itself (battery low). Bluetooth is a wireless technology that connects to wireless earpieces, among other things.

6. Jan 31, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    OffroadToy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks...that might just be what it was! I complety forgot about the phone being in the truck that day.

Products Discussed in

To Top