LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear Tube Bumper Suggestions

Old 01-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Tube Bumper Suggestions

I really liked the old All Pro. Looking for suggestions and opinions on rear tube bumpers. Pictures would be great and are always welcome. Thank you in advance for your time.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You're pretty local(I'm in K falls), I could probably whip something up for you....
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
You're pretty local(I'm in K falls), I could probably whip something up for you....
I have quite a few friends from Rocky Point, Klamath, Bonanza, and Paisley. I admire the work and never realized you were so close. Kudos on the website; looks great. Looking forward to seeing how the high clearance turns out.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
I have quite a few friends from Rocky Point, Klamath, Bonanza, and Paisley. I admire the work and never realized you were so close. Kudos on the website; looks great. Looking forward to seeing how the high clearance turns out.
Thanks!
Here's a pic of the finished HC rear:

If you're interested in one of these, or a tube rear as posted, just let me know.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Thanks!
Here's a pic of the finished HC rear:

If you're interested in one of these, or a tube rear as posted, just let me know.
Looks awesome! Sadly, my truck is not hardcore enough to wear that monster, but I have full confidence that you could build the tube bumper I'm looking for. I bookmarked the website, and I will be in contact. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
PS. If you need another "guinea pig" for a new front or rear, just drop me a line.
Got ya! I've got my 07 so I can prototype anything I need off it (except that cut-side rear) pretty much. If you're interested in front, but want to stick with the tube theme, I will be offering a hybrid bumper pretty soon(already ordered by a member). I would like to do some full tube front and rear bumpers as well.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #8
Beaver Believer

Good to know. I have pretty basic needs for my bumpers. I think a tube bumper with a sheet metal backing to "fill the body gaps" for the front and back is what I am looking for. As I mentioned, I liked the old All Pro Tube, but think I would like something that followed the contours of the body better. As a hobbyist mechanical design and tattoo artist, aesthetics drive me crazy. Continuity through out the design is key, and your plate bumpers (especially the HC) achieve that. I have a few interested in my stock bumper, might be able to get this rolling sooner than later.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #9

Got ya. I agree, on the 05+ Tacoma's the open tube bumpers just dont look finished and like they belong on the truck. Adding some plate in key places would definitely help the aesthetics. I really believe in trying to follow body lines and contours to make my products look like they're made for the vehicle, not just something someone put together and could be mounted on any truck.
Keep me posted if you end up wanting some bumpers from me. I've got quite a bit of work lined up so it would still take a bit for me to get to design a bumper if you wanted it right now.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know if this is what your lookign for but i just saw this in a build thread
ayednismo/PA010013.jpg

I did like the tube bumpers from AP but i ended up going their plate style
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
thats the demello prerunner bumper
Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #12
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Its a nice looking bumper but i dont like the corners being vulnerable
Old 01-31-2011, 12:13 AM   #13
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Its a nice looking bumper but i dont like the corners being vulnerable
yeah i dont like the corners either. it looks kinda unfinished. i like it other than the ends.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #14
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
yeah i dont like the corners either. it looks kinda unfinished. i like it other than the ends.
Yea same here, a wrap around version of that would be nice.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
something like this?

Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #16
McGrubber

There ya go! Nice
Old 01-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #17
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Hit up KR fab, he built mine. You can contact him through Sandman
Old 01-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #18
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
I tend to agree with you about the unfinished look of tube bumpers. I also learned that AllPro and GlassWerks offer caps for the body corners. I will say this, I've load tested my BajaBumpers. I've carried my CRF via a MotoJack and even an old Honda Magna hanging off it. These are strong, but take getting used to.

RZ Rob

Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
Beaver Believer

Those are all great looking bumpers, but I'm looking for tubing to wrap towards the back of the flares, and a solid sheet metal backing or a roll pan if you will to fill-in the corner pieces and blend to the bottom of the tail gate. I think Relentless Fab is willing to work with customers and his design style looks as if it will compliment the look I'm trying to achieve.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #20
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
Because Relentless is in your backyard, and has a 'can do it' attitude, it's a no-brainer. Just remember with the side pieces that you dont want them to be hanging out there to catch on stuff and sometimes simplicity looks best.

RZ Rob