LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tail light overlays/film

Old 08-31-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
tail light overlays/film

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if any of you have put precut overlays/film to smoke out your tail lights? Would like some info on this. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
The tail lights dont come apart like the headlights, I know 3 peeps who have tried it and it didnt work and im 1 of them. So i ended getting some lund covers
Old 08-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
The tail lights dont come apart like the headlights, I know 3 peeps who have tried it and it didnt work and im 1 of them. So i ended getting some lund covers
I had the lund covers, they look great. I really liked them but took them off because I was afraid that they may be hard for others to see in the daytime when I hit the brakes. Really did make the truck look good in my opinion.
At least with the covers yoiu can put them on or take them off at will.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

do the lund covers come in different shades?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
Where did you by those covers? I like them and have been considering permanently blacking mine out. I like the temporary option though a lot more.

I got them on E-bay for like 40 bucks
Old 08-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
do w3rk!

those look pretty good. im tempted to get those too!
Old 08-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
If you grap a set please post some pics and let us know what you think of them. thanks
Old 08-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
cool nice truck
Old 08-31-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet05 View Post
If you grap a set please post some pics and let us know what you think of them. thanks
will do.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #13
Murdered X

Quote:
I found these, but your's were made by Lund, right?

I am tempted for 20 bucks to try these unless anyone has and wouldn't recommend them.

Any feedback?

Yes.. Mine were made by lund.

I have never seen those on a truck yet so i cant say how they will look
Old 08-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I used tint wrap on the turn signals of my 2000 Tacoma:
Old 08-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
do w3rk!

Quote:
Just ordered some. Will post pics when they arrive!
sweeet. i think im about to order some too. i wish someone else on this forum had done this already so i can see what they will look like
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 AM   #17
GEAUX TIGERS!
Meeocky is on a distinguished road
Meeocky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Meeocky Send a message via Yahoo to Meeocky
How hard was it to get the film to fit around the buldge in the taillight?

I was looking at these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...Q5fAccessories

I had Lund covers on my old truck and I had one "rip" off from the gust of wind from an oncoming semi.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #18
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeocky View Post
How hard was it to get the film to fit around the buldge in the taillight?

I was looking at these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...Q5fAccessories

I had Lund covers on my old truck and I had one "rip" off from the gust of wind from an oncoming semi.
Totally forgot about this thread!
I actually bought those and have them on right now. I will say that unless you know what you're doing (for example, I do not), applying these is quite difficult. I used a head gun and still mine have lots of wrinkles towards the end in a few spots.

However, the look of these covers is great! I have had many compliments from people and from a distance you can't see the imperfections.

The guy did send me a second set for free because one of the covers from the 1st set came with a slight tear (good customer service).