Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Receiver Hitch & Tie Downs

Old 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
southpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to behold
southpier's Tacoma Gallery
Receiver Hitch & Tie Downs

as soon as we get a weekend without a snow storm and the weather goes above freezing, i'm going to unbolt my factory receiver hitch. Never used - got the truck the day before thanksgiving.

Q: is it worth anything to sell?

also, those 4 hook things that screw into the bed rail to hold cargo - what are they worth? i don't use them, and i've got a cap, so they haven't even been exposed to the weather

thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Moved to second gens, as this isnt a For Sale thread.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
Fagro is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Fagro's Tacoma Gallery
I might be interested in the tie-downs, if the price is right. Post a picture and let me know what you're looking to get for them.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
yes, they'll sell. The bed rail tie downs will sell quicky since they're able to be shipped. The hitch, depends on if you're willing to ship and how much you want for it. Search through some of the Buy/Sell/Trade threads, you'll find what others have sold theirs for. Worst case, throw them up for what you want to sell them for and leave it as OBO.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
The hitch will sell, if not on TW try Craigslist
Old 01-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
DocD will become famous soon enough

DocD's Tacoma Gallery
These Items will be an asset if you ever sell your truck and the little you will get for the hold downs hardly makes it worth it, as for the hitch, if you can sell if locally you might come out OK, but if you have to ship it I would think shipping costs would drive down your profit, These are nice extras to have on a truck, and unless I really needed the money, I would keep them, JMOP Doc
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
i passed up a truck i was looking at one time cause the asking price was way too high for it not to have a hitch
Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
RickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Retired
RickG's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RickG
I'd be interested in the hitch if it's from a late model. If you PM me with a price, maybe we an work out a 'no shipping' deal if you're close by.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to remove them.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i was pretty sure every tacoma ive ever seen has a hitch......a truck without a hitch what?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
i see plenty of first gens that dont have them
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
kite will become famous soon enough

kite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
i was pretty sure every tacoma ive ever seen has a hitch......a truck without a hitch what?
Hitch was an option for the base 4x4, 5 lug and prerunner.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #13
SunTzu is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
SunTzu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
These Items will be an asset if you ever sell your truck and the little you will get for the hold downs hardly makes it worth it, as for the hitch, if you can sell if locally you might come out OK, but if you have to ship it I would think shipping costs would drive down your profit, These are nice extras to have on a truck, and unless I really needed the money, I would keep them, JMOP Doc
Second that. I would be less interested to buy a Tacoma without a factory hitch. I'd also haggle the seller/dealer if it didn't have the sliding hold downs.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #14
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
It's foolish to get rid of the receiver hitch. If it's factory installed, your truck probably came with a tow package. If you look at KBB, a tow package adds value to your truck (which = marketability). Even with a cap, I don't see how you don't have use for the bed rail cleats- I would definitely hold on to those. Perhaps store them for whenever you get rid of the truck. If I were to buy a used Taco, I'd want to have the rail system components intact, fwiw
Old 02-02-2011, 05:17 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I agree...if I did this there would be that one time I would need that hitch right after I sold it....

OP, Its your truck, the stuff will sell and the ideas already given here will help but at least consider the price of the factory installed package is minimal compared to what you will get for it not to mention your time and effort taking it off.

The bed tie down rails too you just never know but people sell them all time.
Good luck w/ sale
Old 02-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
Mine didn't come with a hitch. I installed a Hidden Hitch and necessary wiring a couple months after I bought it. Mine is also a 4x4 Double Cab V6, not all Tacomas came with them.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
southpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to beholdsouthpier is a splendid one to behold
the truck did come with the factory tow package. for some reason i have $300 in my head for the receiver, and 40$ each for the hold downs. i'm not sure if these prices were from an aftermarket website. the truck is a 2011, built in august & i took delivery the day before thanksgiving. i see no reason to sell the parts for half price, but if that's what traffic will bear i might just give them away. i would get more satisfaction doing that than money could buy.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #18
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
why are you selling it? are you that strapped for cash? ground clearance?

The resale value of your tacoma will go down significantly when you sell it in 10 years.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
If you ever get stuck the hitch is a good spot to hook to.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #20
i appreciate all the advice. this truck isn't being considered for resale. for once, i'm doing what i want to it and when it does come time to unload it, the buyer can either take it like it is, or i'll give it away. i've spent a lifetime of saving vehicles for the next owner; not now.

new year's day the back seats came out (access cab). spare tire holder thing is gone too (spare now in the bed). i don't plan on towing a trailer, and it's 40# off the rear end. and if i need to tie anything down, i'll figure out something ....

but thanks for the input!