Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Height adjustable power seat

Old 08-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
feelinthegz is on a distinguished road
feelinthegz's Tacoma Gallery
Height adjustable power seat

Does anyone have any info on getting and installing a height adjustable power driver's seat? Long legs and short torso and having difficulty seeing over hood scoop, LOL. Have used a pillow but would really like the power seat. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelinthegz View Post
Does anyone have any info on getting and installing a height adjustable power driver's seat? Long legs and short torso and having difficulty seeing over hood scoop, LOL. Have used a pillow but would really like the power seat. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
I dont know if there is a power seat availible for our trucks, but Im working on a solution for this...
Old 08-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
BelchFire is on a distinguished road
BelchFire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I dont know if there is a power seat availible for our trucks, but Im working on a solution for this...
And I'll be watching eagerly. My truck is on the market for this very reason. My back is KILLING me. What's up; I'd love to be involved.....
Old 08-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
I'd settle for just a little lumbar support
Old 08-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelchFire View Post
And I'll be watching eagerly. My truck is on the market for this very reason. My back is KILLING me. What's up; I'd love to be involved.....
Well, the only fix I have come up with is to determine how much it needs to be raised. Then, I think Im gonna have to cut the front seat mounts and weld in some extensions. Im gonna give it a try, but I think my welder is screwed up, so it may take me a while.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Is Lumbar support not standard ? I have it on my 09 for the driver seat and love it!
Old 08-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
I'd settle for just a little lumbar support
You should have it. Its near the pivot point on the left side of the seat. Its a rotory adjuster.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
feelinthegz is on a distinguished road
feelinthegz's Tacoma Gallery
Mobility Conversions

The problem is that we can't make a permanent height adjustment, need the flexibility for each driver. We are going to check with a mobility conversion company that does conversions for handicapped accessibility. I am thinking that they may be able to add a seat lifting device to the existing OEM seats. I will let you know if I find out anything.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
BelchFire is on a distinguished road
BelchFire's Tacoma Gallery
Lumbar support is pretty standard as far as I know. I have it and I hate it. It hurts.

The seat is short, and I put about a 1/4" of shim under the front seat mounts and it helped a lot. Any more than that, and I couldn't get the mounts to line up again. I may have to build some unique seat mounts to raise the seat up, but I'd really like to know that someone (line Wedge Engineering?) makes a fully adjustable seat frame for the Taco.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
MrKyfosh is on a distinguished road
Name: Nicholas
MrKyfosh's Tacoma Gallery
I know this post is old as heck, but does any one have any pictures or instructions on how to put this 1/4" shim under the front seat?

I running into the same problem with being very sore when I drive. Thanks you guys!