Originally Posted by Slowoldman
Hey Folks, Started my engine this morning allowed to warm up (10 minutes as always) Took off out of driveway and heard a rattling sound coming from the front of the vehicle. I would like to say it sounded like an engine rattle, but I opened the drivers window and continued to drive, and the noise was not loud enough to hear. If i was guessing it sounded like a VVTI or camshaft rotational noise, but it does not go with engine revolutions. I know this is odd, that's why i am turning to the experts. I did fill fuel tank with 93 octane fuel for the first time this week, but I would think the lower octane may contribute to engine noise not higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love my truck.
Thanks for your time.
did you ever figure out what the sound was?? mine is doing the same thing now, and throwing P0022 engine code:
A P0022 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following:
- <LI itxtHarvested="1" itxtNodeId="85">Incorrect camshaft timing <LI itxtHarvested="1" itxtNodeId="84">Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system <LI itxtHarvested="1" itxtNodeId="83">Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber
- Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)
- Dirty Oil
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) circuit is open or shorted
- Oil Control Valve (OCV) circuit is open or shorted
- Faulty variable valve timing (VVT)
- Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
- Damaged ECM
where the hell do i start