1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting rid of Taco for SUV?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BreezyTaco, Feb 1, 2011.

?

3rd child=3rd row seating????

Poll closed Mar 3, 2011.
  1. Keep the Tacoma and Prius

27.5%
  2. Keep the Tacoma, trade the Prius

63.7%
  3. Trade the Tacoma, keep the Prius

8.8%
  1. Feb 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    the only acceptable trade would be for a 4runner. there are taco badass without a bed in the back. a 4runner can eventually become trail rig from family rig.

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    SlimDigg

SlimDigg We Back!!

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Coming Soon....
    My family was in my dads truck with the entended cab all through growing up. We always towed a trailer for camping, and 3 boys wedged in the back seat. Back before third and 4th doors. I say make the kids suffer. :thumbsup:

3. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    ruslanus

ruslanus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rus
    Wasilla, AK
    SlimDigg has a point. I was born and raised in the Ukraine. We didn't have the luxury of large SUV's with 3rd row seating and made do with what we had, little Soviet Union built cars with no power. My point is We are all spoiled here in the states. Luxury is nice, and I agree to a certain extent. But it's all relative. If you can afford an SUV, go for it. If you need the extra $$ (current economy not so great), then make do with what you got, I think you got two great cars that are more than enough for your family size (even though I would prefer a Jetta TDI to a Prius(off topic)).
    I voted keep what you got, and IF in the future you need a larger vehicle for the family, don't be too proud to get a mini van. After all, why do we measure manliness by the cars we drive? Cars get us from point A to point B (safely).

P.S. Mini vans are great. I drove my sister's Honda Odyssey and I loved it. Sienna is awesome too. I'm glad there are so many cars to choose from, to fit our individual needs. No one should be ashamed to drive a particular vehicle, just because it's not "popular"

4. Feb 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    BreezyTaco

BreezyTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Pioneer Indash GPS, JL Audio Speakers, FM Alarm, Euro Tail lights, Blue Dash Lights, Trailor Hitch, Painted Fiberglass A.R.E. Tonneau Cover
    Thanks for all the rationale! I dont see me getting rid of the taco unless it is more than one baby coming into the world:eek:!!!!!!!!! And good point about the gas going up could only help my resale value of the prius. My wife said this was the wrong place to look for advice into getting rid of the Tacoma! Who would want to get rid of their awesome truck?!

5. Feb 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    mattygabe

mattygabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab SR5
    Access Limited Soft Rollup Tonneau Cover
    Your wife could certainly make a strong case that this thing called "bias" could have possibly crept into the rationale process, but honestly with the double cab you're only adding a marginal amount of space for the kids at a cost much higher than that. Plus, youve already spent a great deal of time and money in customizing this double cab, so you can counter with the relative worth of the Tacoma versus a new 3rd row vehicle.

6. Feb 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I would wait and see if either car is just to unbearable. My brother in-law has three little ones and they bought a Mazda5 which works great for them. Personally, If I were to upgrade my wife's RAV4 it would be for a Sienna. It is very roomy and can haul pretty much anything. I used the in-laws '08 Sienna to haul a majority of our interior trim.

7. Feb 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    stevenstaco

stevenstaco B A N N E D

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    o7 trd sport sr5 4x4/06 4runner sr5 4x4
    1.5 aal,Tacomaworld sticker,Blacked out tail lights,bhlm,.dumped exhaust,relocated 7 pin ,rear diff breather mod,bed lights,hella 500s behind the grill,plastidipped lower vallance,mag light mod,debadged,black billit grill,bedmat mod,airaid intake,vynil armrests and back rests,tailgate theft mod, ipod interface,backseat cargo mod,front 5100s
    me and my girlfreind are having our first i just found out a month after i bought a access cab but she has a 06 4runner i def recomend the 4runner awesome vehicle its a tacoma without a bed

8. Feb 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    JayhawkRN

JayhawkRN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White DCSB TRD Sport w/ Entune
    Everybody that is saying 4Runner must have never actually been inside a 4Runner with the 3rd row. The seat is basically like the jump seats in the 09-present Tacoma access cab. And with the seat up, you have ZERO cargo space. Swallow your pride and get a van.
    But I think your current setup will be fine.

9. Feb 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    HusqyRider

HusqyRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    La Mirada, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Bilsteins, HD Bakflip G2, Popnlock
    Nothing says neutered and domesticated like a minivan! I don't know if you'll lose anything on the trade-in, but trading a truck or sports car for a minivan usually includes testicles as part of the deal...its just a given :D

10. Feb 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    Jo Dog

Jo Dog ROLL TIDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jo Dog
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 double cab tacoma TRDoffroad SR5 V6 4x4
    I bought my double cab for the reason of having three kids 10,7,and 6mo.

Products Discussed in

To Top