Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

just realized discount tire put exterior wheel weights on my wheels

Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
just realized discount tire put exterior wheel weights on my wheels

wtf? why would they do that without asking?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
Better yet, don't they know that Washington outlawed them?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they look like this wtf???

Old 02-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
Better yet, don't they know that Washington outlawed them?
seriously?? LOL
Old 02-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #5

looks liek they just outlawed weights with "lead" in them.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like crap!! I would take it back and have them do it right!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Because that's the "standard" way to balance them....Inside and Outside weights so you don't end up with a big huge bar like that photo on the outside. I just re read and have to ask- Is that your wheel or just a random photo?? Cause that looks like a LOT of weight to me...and it's loose on the ends.

I always special request static balancing (inside the wheel). I'm thinkin about trying the equal balancing too...
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks ...
Old 02-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Because that's the "standard" way to balance them....Inside and Outside weights so you don't end up with a big huge bar like that photo on the outside. I just re read and have to ask- Is that your wheel or just a random photo?? Cause that looks like a LOT of weight to me...and it's loose on the ends.

I always special request static balancing (inside the wheel). I'm thinkin about trying the equal balancing too...
its just a random photo.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #10

i dont understand. on my previous tacoma they didnt do this. i had the same wheel and tire set up.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #11

i mean its not that big of a deal, it rides nice and straight i guess thats all that matters lol
Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #12
Deckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really nice

Navy: Senior Chief Petty Officer ret
Name: Jerry
Deckplate's Tacoma Gallery
If you drive fast enough I bet nobody can see them...
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
At least it doesn't look like:

Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
Because they're IDIOTS. NTB is NO Better! They lost my center cap and I made them buy me a new one.

Got 2 weeks off? Go get tires!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
SunTzu is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
SunTzu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
At least it doesn't look like:

LOL. That's hilarious. I've done two weights before but never THAT many!

BTW, take that thing back and have discounttire fix it. That's bogus to put weights on the outside. They are alloy wheels!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #16
bmwtech330 is on a distinguished road
bmwtech330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post

you can still "dynamic" balance with a hammer on weight on the inside and a stick on weight near the spokes which will produce better results overall. A "static" balance would only counter a "vertical" imbalance. A dymanic balance will counter a "wobble " and a "vertical" imbalance.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
TRIBE 10
jnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: F-18 E/F(Super Hornet) Aviation Electronics Technician (AT2)
Name: Jay
jnoley07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
LOL. That's hilarious. I've done two weights before but never THAT many!

BTW, take that thing back and have discounttire fix it. That's bogus to put weights on the outside. They are alloy wheels!
that looks like my mom's old grand prix. turns out she had a bad wheel.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Separate weights on the inside and outside of the rim are sometimes necessary to get a proper dynamic balance, to eliminate side wobble.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Separate weights on the inside and outside of the rim are sometimes necessary to get a proper dynamic balance, to eliminate side wobble.
X2.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #20
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 came with weights on the outside from the dealer.